Author Topic: Howard rotavator wanted (dead or not)  (Read 5989 times)

johnandjan

Howard rotavator wanted (dead or not)
« on: April 16, 2010, 10:42:05 »
Hi I've just joined the forum and hope someone can help. I need a large rotavator to tiller some unused land.I have used a Howard many years ago and found it very powerful---ideal for my use.I'm  handy with the spanners so don't mind a non runner as long as the bits are there!! This may be a long shot but hope someone can help. I live in North Wales but have a transit so could travel--I have a spare 1000 ltr ibc water container on metal pallet if someone would like to do a deal ???  cheers John H.

Browser

Re: Howard rotavator wanted (dead or not)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 21:08:08 »
Sorry to sound like a numpt, but have you searched Ebay? There are always plenty or 'vators on there, even the monsters you're looking for.
p.s. I posted on the Kubota T620 thread about one on Ebay, find it here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KUBOTA-T-620-ROTOVATOR-GN-185-TS-MONSTER-MERRY-TILLER-/180499890270?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenPowerTools_CA&hash=item2a06a1c05e

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 21:38:51 »
The best place to look for an Howard these days is on E-Bay but you will be paying top dollar even for a non runner, I might be able to help if you can wait until I have had a word with my mate, he has one sitting in his shed with a Kohler engine  fitted I think it is the 350 and it is a runner, that's if he wants to sell, :)

gto2210

• Not So New ...
  • My Family
    • Gallery Twenty One
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 14:14:09 »
Hi, I have a bulldog for sale.... it was unused for many years and so I spent just over £130 to recon the engine, and it works very well, not been used since the recon as I am using another rotovator I have, so with a tiny amount of tinkering it will go and work well, when I say a tiny amount of tinkering, I would imagine just add petrol!
I am based in kent, and would consider a deal with the water tank.
drop me a email to onecherrygardens@aol.com and I can send a photo ;D
Nigel P Crick
Photographer and Digital artist

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 21:29:59 »
I've got a Bulldog (it's not for sale) but I wouldn't expect it to be a ground-breaking machine..... even a Bantam/350 would struggle.... I think you'll need a Yeoman/400 or Gem/700 sized machine to do that (my 400 needs a lot of work this winter so I'm having to use the Bulldog for everything ATM adn to go through even my fairly light soil first time you have to break it into clods with a fork, it'll break up the clods but won't chop into the soil.... It's a lovely machine I can't imagine doing my stuff now without my Bulldog cos for the 65 quid I paid it's a bargain of the first order but it's really a cultivator not a rotavator (in the proper sense) even though it looks like one...

chrisc

gto2210

• Not So New ...
  • My Family
    • Gallery Twenty One
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 08:50:49 »
I wouldn't expect it to be a ground-breaking machine..... the one I have for sale did my large allotment very well.....
Nigel P Crick
Photographer and Digital artist

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 09:21:46 »
I wouldn't expect it to be a ground-breaking machine..... the one I have for sale did my large allotment very well.....

I don't doubt, I've used mine on my allotment too..... but the original post states that he needs it to break in unused land, and given what I have to do to get my one to turn my garden (not used for vegetables by the previous owners) into veg beds I don't think it would be much fun trying to knock a large area into shape with one....

chrisc

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal