Author Topic: What do you do when you cannot get to your allotment?  (Read 4778 times)

allaboutliverpool

• Hectare
  • allaboutliverpool.com
    • My Allotment in Liverpool
What do you do when you cannot get to your allotment?
« on: April 05, 2010, 16:40:44 »
[attachment=1]

I am in Nice and having to put a brave face on things.

http://allaboutallotments.com/index.html

Le-y

• Acre
  • Growing children and food in Norfolk
Re: What do you do when you cannot get to your allotment?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 18:40:42 »
oh well you look like your having a HORRIBLE time there in Nice poor poor you ;)
First time allotment holder, second time mum.

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 19:21:04 »
Drink tea and eat biscuits whilst looking at Allotments 4 All!  :)
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

guerriero75

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 19:28:47 »

BUY SEEDS..................MORE SEEDSSSSSSSSSSS ...................I NEEDDDDDD MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 19:42:20 »
Housework, washing, ironing mopping floors. All the the boring stuff ;)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 20:16:39 »
 I get someone to photograph me whilst I enjoy the weather abroad,  and then post smugly to others enduring the vagaries of british weather. how about you?
You couldn't make it up!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 20:36:36 »
I knit.. Shetland 1 ply Christening shawls and gowns, sorry I don't know how to get them biggerXX Jeannine
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 20:38:13 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 08:59:54 »
I knit.. Shetland 1 ply Christening shawls and gowns, sorry I don't know how to get them biggerXX Jeannine

I knit too :) I will send a pattern in with the Bisto:)
Jackie

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 09:02:30 »
Jeannine they are beautiful and must take ages to make. :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 09:18:32 »
Thank you  Hector that would be lovely. I do have a lot of shawl patterns if anyone is needing one, not all in such thin wool.

Thank you Tulipa, they do take a while as I knit slower than I used to. I don't seem to hold a pattern in my head  so well  these days , so am forever looking .

They are on reasonable size needles, the one on my Avatar is on a 3mm, so they knit up  faster than you might think and  they are much simpler than they look.

The pictures shown are off the patterns by the way. I will pop a picture of one in progress tomorrow if I can get John to do it.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 09:41:07 »
Hi Jeannine

I was just looking at this thread and wondering why your thumbnail pictures when clicked on are the same size as your thumbnails? (does this make sense)?
Is it a problem at my end ? Usually the thumbnails come up bigger when I click on them.
Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 09:54:59 »
Absolutely no idea, they are in my pictures on my laptop.  Original pictures  for these are from Jamieson and Smith, Shetland Isles whwre I get my wool from if anyone want s a closer look.

Any of my pictures  off the net seem to come out that size, I don't know why as I used to get bigger pictures with the other laptop.. maybe I am doing something wrong..it is very annoying.

Someone did set my laptop to accept small pictures which I use from th net if I need a squash picture  as I am putting a large file together, so maybe it can be changed.

I guess if I scanned in it may be different but then I scanned a tom a couple of days ago and it was the same.

Help anyone.

XX Jeannine

buzzy bee

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 13:32:00 »
Hi

I work most of the time! :-\  Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad!

If I am not working, or at the allotment, I am working in my workshop, or going to steam/vintage rallies!

Cheers

Dave

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 14:44:07 »
Sit and watch the seeds grow on the window sill (which has OH absolutely doing his nut!!)
Watch the weather report and say feverishly "it's not going to rain on Saturday, do you see, look look, it's going to just be cloudy (hysterical giggling)
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 16:49:14 »
Watch the weather report and say feverishly "it's not going to rain on Saturday, do you see, look look, it's going to just be cloudy (hysterical giggling)

glad I'm not the only one!

Le-y

• Acre
  • Growing children and food in Norfolk
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 19:38:57 »

they ARE beautiful, I knit too, taught myself couple of years back, mainly knitted clothes for the kids but i've just switched to trying knitting lace and it's really fun, i'm also knitting this....

http://knitbeads.com/product.php?productid=17703&cat=458&page=1

for my eldest for his second birthday in may :)
First time allotment holder, second time mum.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 19:56:17 »
It is a lovely pattern isn't it, I have made the arc once or twice. I am  very fond of Alan Dart's patterns and have rather a lot of them.. try Muffin the Mule, he is lovely. I keep meaning to do the Dickensian Mice.

Your son will love the arc, I put one in to our school and really enjoyed it, much nicer than hard plastic things.

Have you done any of his dogs.

XX Jeannine

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 20:21:47 »

they ARE beautiful, I knit too, taught myself couple of years back, mainly knitted clothes for the kids but i've just switched to trying knitting lace and it's really fun, i'm also knitting this....

http://knitbeads.com/product.php?productid=17703&cat=458&page=1

for my eldest for his second birthday in may :)

Wow I am really impressed! Definately post some photos. I taught myself to knit last year. Can make a scarf LOL. I can just about cope with knit and pearl.  ::)

STEVEB

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 20:27:50 »
Make wine....hic
If it ain't broke don't fix it !!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 20:32:49 »
What kind  of wine do you make?  I tried it back in the 70's..it made really good vinegar, I was totally useless at it, so well done to you.I always fancied raspberry. XX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal