Author Topic: Digital Switchover  (Read 975 times)

powerspade

• Hectare
Digital Switchover
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:52:31 »
!st phase of switchover was on 3rd March, tuned in box and got all BBC channels brilliant picture and sound, 2nd phase of switchover on the 31st March - lost everything I checked with the digital people and the BBC and yep no more TV for me and all on my side of the street They told me to go SKY. Tirphil across the valley have no TV neither does Brithdir parts of Blackwood, Cefn Fforest Abertwssyg,Markham Tredegar etc etc Those in my area that can get TV can only get BBC1 and BBC2  no ITV Channel  and all the other promised channels so we are back to how it used to be in the 1950`s .Three of my neighbours who bought new TV`s from Argos are taking them back on Tuesday. I have already asked for my TV license money back - now where did I put the ludo and snakes and ladders???? :D

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: Digital Switchover
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 07:38:19 »
You don't have to pay out for a sky subscription you could get freesat or freesat from sky instead, there is a one off charge for the dish & box but no subscription charges.
My tv reception did actually improve drastically when it went digital but the long mountain transmitter only carries a few of the freeview channels so I intend to switch to freesat whenever I can be bothered installing a dish.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 08:32:24 »
I feel for you powerspade,
You did all the right things and still the big companies have failed to provide a modern basic need for you.
Do not throw the proverbial rattle out of the pram yet.
They will say teething problems or something and the TV licensing lot wont want to give up your money without a fight.
It still begs the question of what is going to happen when the radio is switched over to digital???
We over the other side of Britain can only pick up the Asian network, At least you get the golden sound and picture of silence.
Keep on fighting for your rights.   

Got them back now to put some tread on them

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 05:53:35 »
We had our swap last year and we use freeview on two tvs. It did take me a few days to repeat the process of getting every thing wiped from the system then re-loading it on both. No signal was coming up on BBC channels, yet other channels no one wants to watch  were fine. Next time we lost ITV. Of course we did not realise until we actually want to watch something which all adds to the frustration and arguments.

We lost channels and got them back, all sorts, in the process but eventually it all came right. Turning the power off then turning on again after loading. Nightmare.

It did all come right in the end though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal