Author Topic: Carnegie Hall awaits...........  (Read 1356 times)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
Carnegie Hall awaits...........
« on: March 20, 2010, 00:51:33 »
.............it's very own connection with A4A!

Good luck Jazzman's son and daughter  :)

Have a wonderful time.

Jazzman up to you for links and info  ;)

Ninny

jazzman2

• Not So New ...
  • Do One Thing Brave Today ...Then Run Like Hell
Re: Carnegie Hall awaits...........
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 03:48:45 »
Hi
  http://www.carnegiehall.org/article/box_office/events/evt_14060.html?selecteddate=03232010

Above is the link to where they are going , they are part of the Abraham Darby Showband but unfortunately the other band from the Uk that are going have been caught up in the BA strike

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/BA-Strike-May-Ruin-Welsh-Youth-Wind-Bands-New-York-Concert-Dream/Article/201003315574649?f=rss,

thankfully our kids and band will fly with Virgin I dont think I will ever trust BA again 

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 10:49:23 »
Wow,that will be quite an experience! How old are they?

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 10:55:34 »
"Pardon me sir, how do I get to Carnegie Hall?"

"Practice, practice, practice."

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:03:18 »
What an achievement for them, I hope they feel proud of themselves.  Good luck to them and keep us posted, Jazzman! :)

I had read some days ago about the school in Wales who were supposed to be flying with BA, I thought at the time how rotten for them, they must have been feeling heartbroken.  I wonder what the outcome for them has been?  I hope alternative flying arrangements were sorted in the end.

jazzman2

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 13:45:48 »
Hi all
  I am really proud of the kids, although it is a competition this time around both Abraham Darby and the Vale of Glamorgan were just to perform an evening concert after the competition(Abraham Darby won the competition in 2007 with the best ever points score in the competitions history), from what I can gather the Vale of Glamorgan band have been split by BA now into three flights but 12 band members may fail to perform in the first performance in Central Park on Sunday because they might have to fly out a day late, it must be devastating for them,are they going or not all that worry, our Kids who are 14 and 18 have been practicing three days a week for months for 2-4 hours at a time, and for the welsh kids they must to have done similar ,for the unite union who I am a member of, to cause this heartache for those kids is disgusting I will never use BA our kids got off with Virgin at noon ,there are over 50 kids aged 11 to 20   

jazzman2

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 19:58:07 »
Hi all
   kids are back from America they didn't play Central Park because of the rain it was transferred to the Trump Tower , they went down very well at Carnegie Hall receiving multiple standing ovations for their performances,which from all accounts they did the Uk proud ,the kids from Cardiff did all manage to get there on the Saturday albeit on three flights, My kids are back home today bleary eyed and very tired ,but I did get my supply of m and m's as requested so I'm doubly happy, they are both on face book now talking to all their new friends.   

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 20:17:07 »
Lovely to hear all their news Jazzman2, well done to both your children and the rest of the band for doing the UK proud.

Ninny

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 12:26:19 »
Same from me too.

T'was funny, as I was thinking about this only yesterday morning and was going to ask how they got on.

Nice that the other children made it too.

Thanks, Jazzman :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal