Author Topic: Space for greenhouse - how much?  (Read 1987 times)

woppa30

• Half Acre
Space for greenhouse - how much?
« on: March 18, 2010, 16:24:49 »
Its not as daft a question as it sounds, having moved into a new house last autumn part of the deal was that I would get a GH in the back garden. There is space for it in the corner next to the shed and a proper concrete / brick base will be built to keep it level and elevated (at 6,6" I need the elevation).
Question is apart from the obvious dimension of the greenhouse how much extra space do I need to allocate when planning etc. Didn't want to build a base only to have to do it again, similarly didn't want to waste  3 ft if I don't need to...
Grateful for any advice.
woppa

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Re: Space for greenhouse - how much?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 17:04:43 »
Apart from leaving room to be able to get round and clean the GH or paint the shed or if you collect your rain of it, I can't think of any reason to have a bigger base.

Neil

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Space for greenhouse - how much?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 17:35:03 »
I'm planning on leaving 18" (paved) between the greenhouse at my new place (when I get it, hopefully moving a week tomorrow)... that might mean I have to go to a 20x10 foor rather than the 20x12 that I want but so be it, I need the space to ensure I can get roudn the back of it even if I get fatter than I am at the moment.... That 18" might get utilised as a wood-store becasue rear access to the GH should only be needed a couple of times a year if that.

chrisc

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal