Author Topic: How many mums wore their pinny today?  (Read 2974 times)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
How many mums wore their pinny today?
« on: March 14, 2010, 20:10:04 »
I donned one over the roast today, must tutor my menfolk better  ::)

Ninny  ;D

w00dy

• Quarter Acre
    • My Blog
Re: How many mums wore their pinny today?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 20:16:00 »
Im guessing its because you wanted to make sure it was done "properly" this is why mums are the best.  So to all Mums, Mams, Nans, Nanas, Grans, Grandama's, Grannys, Momahs, Mothers, Grandmothers thank you becuase without you us blokes would be buggered.

Im the gaffer in our house, the missus said i could be.
http://noobveg.blogspot.com

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 20:23:36 »
Muvvers day ain't it? not wives day.

Le-y

• Acre
  • Growing children and food in Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 20:32:04 »
not me, i was well and truly pampered
First time allotment holder, second time mum.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 20:46:12 »
me, neither, went out for lunch  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 00:02:49 »
Not me, I am tucked up on a recliner with a quilt..poorly..but with laptop balanced on tummy. John is cooking dinner and he can't cook so we will see what happens. So far he has unwrapped and rinsed a chicken, brought it to me with seasonings to do it, then back to ask oven temp, we haven't got to the basting bit yet but we found the right dish after a few attempts. He has peeled potatoes too, they are sliced but I guess they will boil.. veggies haven't been mentioned yet ,to be cont..

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 06:40:31 »
I had a lovely day, and finished off with an Indian, I have a lovely bunch of kids  :) :) :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45:10 »
I had a lovely day, and finished off with an Indian, I have a lovely bunch of kids  :) :) :)

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the very first laugh of the day, Tulipa! ;) ;D ;D ;D....and it's going to be a great day too - sun shining & I'm looking forward to a few hours working in someone's garden in it. What better job than to be doing something you enjoy, outside, in sunshine?

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 09:09:00 »
Whoops!  :) :) Trying to post too quickly and not thinking!!! ;D  Glad it cheered your day Lish!  It's a beautiful day here too, must get out there.  Have a good day!  :) :)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 09:28:08 »
Lunch cooked by my daughter, but she's a mum as well. So I gave her a hand with the veggies.......we had a lovely afternoon ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 17:53:44 »
 I spent the day with our 3 children , did not lift a finger wellll managed to lift nice cups of tea, & then a very nice Mothering Sunday tea with naughty cake to finish all very  nice & and an abundance of beautifull flowers.
I also have a bunch of great children ;D ;D ;D.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 18:08:41 »
 Had my card on the day but due to work being taken out to lunch and pictures at a later date. 
                       Taurus

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 18:16:39 »
Had my first ever Mother's day present....a very fancy box of chocolates from my 16 year old. Nearly a disaster though because he bought it on Saturday then while waiting for me went to the local library to use the computer and left his bag behind, i had to drive him back later when he remembered and amazingly it was still there.
You wouldn't believe how absent-minded he is, i hate to think what he's going to be like when he's old!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 18:38:42 »
Finally got the chicken dinner at half past ten.. but he managed it more or less by himself, mind you he boiled the spuds after the chicken was cooked etc then put on the broc when the spuds were finished  and I had to put the chicken in the microwave for a few minutes when he went to the loo as it was very pink!! He mashed the spuds with sour cream not butter but is was actually rather good.  God Bless John.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 22:06:38 »
Muvvers day ain't it? not wives day.

Hubby roared with laughter  ;D

Note to self.........write down cooking instructions and put on the calendar for next year!  ;)

Lovely stories all, too.

Down side, neither hubby or my mother received their cards until today, despite being posted Friday - are we now having to post 2 days in advance for a next day delivery  >:(

Ninny

LittleBigKea

• GiantKiwi - Exploration of the Development of Digital Art and Media
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 06:58:22 »
Had my first ever Mother's day present....a very fancy box of chocolates from my 16 year old. Nearly a disaster though because he bought it on Saturday then while waiting for me went to the local library to use the computer and left his bag behind, i had to drive him back later when he remembered and amazingly it was still there.
You wouldn't believe how absent-minded he is, i hate to think what he's going to be like when he's old!

absent minded doesnt really cover it tbh does it  :P

ps.

Oops knew I forgot something    :-\
-Will post animated sig here, when I can be bothered to code it-

Kea's Son :D  Kea

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 15:30:45 »
I was working a 12 hour shift on Sunday, we had a lot of mothers Day babies! My two know me well....one bought me an 'I love my shed' t shirt, and the other a new stiff broom for the lottie! And they made me tea which was ready when I came in from work bless them..... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 17:12:42 »
I rarely do the cooking anyway, but it would have been nice if someone had done some ironing. I refused to do it on mother's day but it's still sitting there. >:(

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 20:56:55 »
Ah....I vaguely remember ironing......I don't do any unless it is really necessary.  :o

Anyone who wants anything ironed does it themselves, everything else is tumble dried and hung up.

My mother still irons everything, including underwear and dishcloths, so I have no excuse..... ::)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 21:02:14 »
Ah....I vaguely remember ironing......I don't do any unless it is really necessary.  :o

Anyone who wants anything ironed does it themselves, everything else is tumble dried and hung up.

My mother still irons everything, including underwear and dishcloths, so I have no excuse..... ::)

I got that bit right, hubby irons whilst watching a game of rugby  ;)

Ninny

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal