Author Topic: Is this greenhouse any good?  (Read 6079 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Is this greenhouse any good?
« on: April 01, 2010, 16:20:42 »
Hi All,

Baby asleep so though i might take 5 min to google some greenhouses :) I recon i can fit a 8x6 one in without much problem dont want to over dominate the garden with a 10x8 but will remeasure again to be sure.

I found this one for £300 inc base, vat and delivery

http://www.waltons.co.uk/waltons-polycarbonate-greenhouse

Not sure i want glass with the baby but whats your opinion ?

Dont think i can strech to a wooden one or a rhino as there both over £600!!

Next best i can find is the one at homebase for £350ish although the polycarbonate one is more like £450

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=1726280&Trail=searchtext>GREENHOUSE

Cam

Amazingrotavator(Derby)

• Half Acre
  • My best mate
    • www.mandjderbygardens.co.uk
Re: Is this greenhouse any good?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 17:33:05 »
Hi Cam, We bought two 8x6 greenhouses from B&Q, one last year and one the year before. They are the moulded polycarbonate ones.They do sell one with cheap polycarbonate like paper.The first one cost just under £300,the second(we were so pleased with the first) was in their sale £50 cheaper.

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 17:47:51 »
if i were you id do a google of waltons as they dont have very good reviews and very ropey customer service.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 18:42:00 »
Ah thanks guys as always did look a bit 2 good. Any recomendations on focus???

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 20:19:15 »
Another negative for waltons here, we had a nightmare with them when we got our summerhouse.
They sent us different bits of other summerhouses, their customer service was nuts, they said they were sending the bits on a certain day so the oh had the day off and they never turned up, then the person on the phone didn't know anything about the delivery.
The manager was on holiday, my arse, so couldn't speak to anyone, they sent some screws and they wasn't all there, we ended up going to B&Q to get some bits of wood because the FIL was helping and was going home in a few days.
We ordered it through tescos and got about £30 back off them.
So would I recommend waltons Cam, would I F##k, useless twats, sorry rant over.      >:( >:( >:(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

rog_pete

• Quarter Acre
  • the photo from 10 Dec when took over the plot
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 17:17:51 »
B&Q do an 8x6 caled Palgram
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10086602&fh_view_size=10&fh_eds=%3f&fh_sort_order=1&fh_maxdisplaynrvalues_specificationsSize=-1&fh_sort_by=_price_rrp_min&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372012}/categories%3C{9372017}/categories%3C{9372059}/specificationsProductType%3daluminium_frame_greenhouses/specificationsSize%3d8x6+model&fh_refview=lister&ts=1270224920643&isSearch=false

its £145 for base and frame and then £84 for polycarb panels, they will prob do glass to, bt poly better with children about

I have the 6x6 and neighbour on lotty has 6x4 of same make and for the price can not complain at all, very sturdy and it does the job
Rog n Pete

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 00:25:47 »
That's the one we bought from Greenhouse Warehouse last year. I see it's available on ebay here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8x6-Greenhouse-with-Ultra-Tough-Clear-Polycarbonate_W0QQitemZ150429489502QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_Fencing_CV?hash=item23064bd95e

They sent it when they said they would, answered questions promptly, and went the extra mile (or more) to ship it here to Spain. We had a pretty stormy winter and it's held up with no problems.

Cheers.
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal