Author Topic: How bad would it be..........  (Read 2033 times)

cacran

• Hectare
How bad would it be..........
« on: March 29, 2010, 16:43:00 »
How bad would it be if I did not give my greenhouse a thorough wash out with Jayes fluid, this year?

I have been so busy due to my daughter being poorly that I haven't got the energy to clean it out. I need to get some seeds in and thought I might just get away with it??????

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
Re: How bad would it be..........
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 17:21:24 »
i never wash mine just put the jayes in a pressure sprayer and just spray all the staging and glass and the paths and boarders, dont get much of a problem with algae or other probs so it think it works for me.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

cacran

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 17:56:47 »
Oh, don't you need to wash it off then? I have always had problems getting water as it is before the allotment tap is turned on. I usually end up with Jayes in y eyes and drenched from head to foot. No wonder I thought the job was hard work!!!!!

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 18:16:55 »
i never wash it off it looks like a wee bit of shading on the glass and i take the thought that if its still on it might still be working
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

Stevens706

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 13:40:55 »
Might try that next year, spent a couple of hours cleaning my greenhouses yesterday.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 14:24:37 »
I do similar to Dave but I don't use Jeyes I use Armillatox.

Last year this was a fungicide now it has been re-classified as a cleaner/detergent.

I spray it on to the algae covered glass and leave it for a few hours or even to the next day.

Then I blast it with the hose and the dead algae washes off ( well mostly) sometimes I have to use a bit of elbow grease or a broom I have for sweeping the floor of my greenhouse.

I double up with the armillatox which smells the same as jeyes by using it as a club root and rootfly deterrant ( its original use).

So one product numerous jobs so justifies its extra expense.

A litle usually does me about three seasons.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal