Author Topic: keys stickin.  (Read 1907 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
keys stickin.
« on: February 25, 2010, 20:51:03 »
I knew my typing was poor but recently I thought I was losing it as it seeme to have got terribel, today I just figured put that some of my keys are sticking on my laptop so many words are mispelled, funny thing I noticed even when very careful when I hit a sticky key sometimes it misses but sometimes is writes anadjacent letter or two letter are reversed. Can nI do anything about this plaese.

Have not used spell ceck so you can see wat I mean.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: keys stickin.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 21:52:28 »
Is it an old laptop?
Maybe a clean would do the trick.

I'd get some canned air (tin of compressed air) and give it a good blow out.
On some keyboards you can take the keys off but it can be very tricky so I wouldn't go that far..
Try http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/things/electronics/how-to-clean-a-laptop-keyboard

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 21:56:51 »
Turn it upside down and give it a good shake Jeannine, reckon you've got a few seeds stuck under there  ;)

Ninny x

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 16:09:11 »
I am always spilling drinks on mine, orange juice, coffee and even wine.  My letters also kept getting stuck but I didn't want to buy another keyboard as the very cheap ones sold for between £5 and £10 do not have a calculator button and it is something I use often. 

I tried all sorts of ways to clean it ie vacuuming, using wet ones and using a fine paint brush.  A couple of letters were still sticking so I took it all apart.  It was a bit of a jigsaw puzzle putting the keys back in again but after a thorough cleaning it worked.  I realised that I might have been doing more harm than good but I considered it a write off how it was so had nothing to use.  That was three months ago and it has been working perfectly ever since.

Be careful if you take it apart so as not to disturb too many of the keys. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal