Author Topic: Update on the terrible twins  (Read 4103 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Update on the terrible twins
« on: February 24, 2010, 16:49:28 »
Think the owner takes child to child minder and then gets home about 5 pm, so cats seem to come in the day and leave about 5 pm. She obviously doesn't mind as said hello to me the other day.  They have grown up into very affectionate cats.
Dulcie has come upstairs to read this.

betula

• Hectare
Re: Update on the terrible twins
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 17:17:39 »
They are so cute B  ;D

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 09:41:22 »
They look so at home!  :)
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:09:34 »
They look so at home!  :)

Certainly do! ::) They must have so appreciated having a home-from-home this horrible winter, poor loves. Don't they have a cat flap to get into their house?

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 14:06:18 »
I like the way one of them is helping you with the jigsaw.  ;)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 11:13:36 »
Dulcie has finished breaking up the jigsaw and is learning to crochet.  Forgot to reduce the photos first time and it doesn't work if they are too big. 

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 11:16:59 »
Aww cute.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 13:14:53 »
Dulcie has finished breaking up the jigsaw and is learning to crochet.  Forgot to reduce the photos first time and it doesn't work if they are too big. 

Clever girl, she can even read the pattern!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 13:43:36 »
I thought Dulcie was a girl (she is so pretty and gentle) but the twins are both males that have been doctored.  I have mastered the basic steps of crochet now (without the cats help) and am going to move on to a simple pattern.  I found it difficult at first as different from knitting but it is quite relaxing.  Maybe I will crochet a cat blanket.  Have found a good way to get rid of the cats, invite the grandchildren round and they are off like a rocket.  Obviously they come here for peace, but lady said they love her young child, but maybe the child loves them and they get picked up too often.  I don't think I had my first cat until I was 5 as my father was very fond of animals and was taught how to pick it up properly and not to tease it.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 13:50:51 »

Please tell  Dulcie I'm sorry I thought he was a girl - there's nothing wrong with boys doing crochet!  ;)

I like it but I'm not very good.  I found the link below was very easy to follow and I'm making a blanket for my granddaughter's doll.  I can't get the tension quite right so making something that needs shaping is not possible at the moment.

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/1437/granny-square-how-to
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Mortality

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 14:34:23 »
I would love to learn to crochet, my gran tried to teach me once, but since she is left handed I never really got the hang of it. How are you learning it?
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 14:41:56 »
Mortality - try the link in my post above.  There are step by step photos and it is really very easy.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Mortality

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 14:50:35 »
Thank you, but even that looks complex to me  ;)
I'll have to look out for a book.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 15:30:57 »
Take it a few steps at a time.  At first I had hundreds of stitches on the hook but have got the hang of it now, ONLY ONE STITCH.  Also used a bigger hook and thick wool and did it very loose to start with. Can do all the stitches and just trying to do a granny square, but can't follow the pattern.  Ordered a book from the library but apparently it is very popular.  Wanted an idiots guide.  Am just going next door to ask my neighbour as she makes blankets, but she does it so quickly she is not a very good teacher.  I will look up the link, I really want to make something simple.  Off topic, I blame the cat, will get told off, should have started a crochet link.  Apparently you pick up both loops unless told otherwise, really best if we had listened to our mothers.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 16:44:44 »
I would love to learn to crochet, my gran tried to teach me once, but since she is left handed I never really got the hang of it. How are you learning it?

Morts, if you're right-handed and your gran is left-handed, you've got the Best Teacher you could wish for. You just sit opposite her & learn mirror-fashion.

(posted by a lt-handed person who taught Boy and his little friends, all rt-handed, to tie their shoelaces years'n'year ago 8))

X Lish

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 17:56:21 »
Terrible twins have grown up, both came in for some free cat food.  Then they are both asleep on back neighbours roof waiting for them to come home.  Had to take last photo from bedroom window but am sure they must be shut out all day as are either here or go next door if she leaves a window open.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 17:58:32 »
Forgot the photos, clicked too soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal