Author Topic: Allotments in Cornwall  (Read 4381 times)

cornwallallotments

• Not So New ...
Allotments in Cornwall
« on: January 18, 2010, 20:25:05 »
I thought I'd let everyone know how our new allotment site is going, we started last May and have now let over 70 plots! I cant believe how keen everyone has been, it really has been a wonderfull year, this month we are starting 'super plots' a plot 4 times larger that the normal size, which people can keep animals such as sheep, pigs, goats, ducks, geese and turkeys on, so far 2 people have signed up for these plots, we will start with 5 with the possibility of another 5 if they are popular.

I would be really interested to hear if any other people have either set up or rented this type of plot and if so what are theyre experiences.

Jane

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
Re: Allotments in Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 20:30:40 »
Wow that sounds amazing - well done!

Where did you put the new site? It sounds huge!!

cornwallallotments

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 19:57:53 »
Im hoping it will be as exciting as it sounds! our fosrt people are due to move into their 'super plots' next month, I cant wait! Im lucky to have 35 acres of land of which Ive turned over approx 7 acres to allotments and another 3 to the super plots, with room for another 4-5 if they prove popular.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 20:23:32 »
Oh wow....sounds wonderful.....well done :)

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 20:42:53 »
Great, Where are they?  :D
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

halfofmanic

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 22:02:36 »
I thought I'd let everyone know how our new allotment site is going, we started last May and have now let over 70 plots! I cant believe how keen everyone has been, it really has been a wonderfull year, this month we are starting 'super plots' a plot 4 times larger that the normal size, which people can keep animals such as sheep, pigs, goats, ducks, geese and turkeys on, so far 2 people have signed up for these plots, we will start with 5 with the possibility of another 5 if they are popular.

I would be really interested to hear if any other people have either set up or rented this type of plot and if so what are theyre experiences.

Jane

sounds like a brilliant venture    there must be a lot of land available  where about in cornwall are you    we love cornwall   have been going each year  for 30 + years

halfofmanic

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 14:51:06 »
Im hoping it will be as exciting as it sounds! our fosrt people are due to move into their 'super plots' next month, I cant wait! Im lucky to have 35 acres of land of which Ive turned over approx 7 acres to allotments and another 3 to the super plots, with room for another 4-5 if they prove popular.

HI  Jane     just out of interest   what is provided on site     and what are the plot fees    sounds great     you have a lot of entheusiusiasm there 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal