Author Topic: flexi tub bucket  (Read 3862 times)

Malfuncional

• Not So New ...
flexi tub bucket
« on: February 14, 2010, 14:58:49 »
Been thinking on a cheap/free way of making a small pond for my allotment.

Do you think one of these would do?

I would fill with stones to make an escape for wildlife,cover with concrete reneforce grid for the kids. :)

Kea

• Hectare
Re: flexi tub bucket
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 17:50:46 »
Just noticed your post, my allotment pond is a large one of these. I have used two  planting baskets on top of each other to make a shelf/beach and planted into the top one. Though fished out two dead frogs in spring so hoping it wasn't because my pond is too shallow.

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:17:15 »
I find if there is rainwater in any of my tubtrugs or pots left outdoors on their side I get surplus pond frogs swimming about in them.  I'd say go for it.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 09:25:20 »
I have had frogs living in a plant tray for long periods of time in my garden!and thats only a few inches deep but I know that a pond should be deeper.

Duke :)
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 17:10:56 »
Just noticed your post, my allotment pond is a large one of these. I have used two  planting baskets on top of each other to make a shelf/beach and planted into the top one. Though fished out two dead frogs in spring so hoping it wasn't because my pond is too shallow.

can you tell me how deep your little pond is please?  I've been thinking of doing the same in a corner of our garden.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:42:47 »
I had a potpond for a year or three before I finally decided enough was enough and dug a very small real one. Just made it from a 16" plastic pot, with a pygmy waterlily in it. I had to put fish in to stop bugs eating the lily leaves, and wire mesh to stop herons helping themselves to the fish, but it worked very well. When I moved to the real pond, I tipped the contents in. One fish still going after 4 years!

It was horrible to clean out though. I am dreading having to do this to the main pond. Not this year... :)

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal