Author Topic: bags  (Read 1076 times)

ACE

• Hectare
bags
« on: February 13, 2010, 16:40:04 »
Have you ever heard the tale that some placcy bags leach chemicals. I took it as another urban myth. But today I might have changed my mind.

Bombing around the supermarket for some cheap whiskey a few weeks ago I noticed all these lovely button mushrooms going very cheap. I grabbed a load but when I got home she had only done the same, mushrooms that is,(she thinks whiskey does not come out of her housekeeping). Never mind it's time I traded her in anyway. Now where was I? oh yes mushrooms.  I chucked the mushers in the freezer in the bag that I put them in for weighing in Sainsburys.

Today we thought we would have a bit of chilli mince and noodles and we bunged a load of frozen mushers in the pot. They tasted awful tainted with what I would call a chemical taste. What do you reckon it is? bags? or is it to do with her watching that Ainsley bloke on the telly, he seem to mess good food up.

Sinbad7

• Hectare
Re: bags
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 17:03:08 »
i think it's the mushrrooms Ace, I froze some last year in proper freezer bags and they were foul so have given up freezing them.

Sinbad

halfofmanic

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 18:08:44 »
Have you ever heard the tale that some placcy bags leach chemicals. I took it as another urban myth. But today I might have changed my mind.

Bombing around the supermarket for some cheap whiskey a few weeks ago I noticed all these lovely button mushrooms going very cheap. I grabbed a load but when I got home she had only done the same, mushrooms that is,(she thinks whiskey does not come out of her housekeeping). Never mind it's time I traded her in anyway. Now where was I? oh yes mushrooms.  I chucked the mushers in the freezer in the bag that I put them in for weighing in Sainsburys.

Today we thought we would have a bit of chilli mince and noodles and we bunged a load of frozen mushers in the pot. They tasted awful tainted with what I would call a chemical taste. What do you reckon it is? bags? or is it to do with her watching that Ainsley bloke on the telly, he seem to mess good food up.

Hi ace   " only me "    have you used frozen mushies in cooking before   maybe  if not  you could do a little test       put mushies in a freezer bag   and repeat  your meal     not the scientific answer you may have hoped for   but just a thought    by the way   me and the other half of manic    have always had brill  mushies in our morrisons meal  ;D :o ::)

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 23:11:19 »
Chemicals leach out of cling film, as there was a hooha about it a while ago.
I expect it's the same for all plastics really.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal