Author Topic: Is your house feeling snug ??  (Read 4187 times)

Slug_killer

• Acre
  • I wanna be a slug.
Is your house feeling snug ??
« on: December 10, 2009, 16:53:30 »

This one wont hang about, so check it out TODAY.

nPower is selling Rockwool Loft Insulation, for £1 per roll (usually £5ish) inc delivery. Don't worry you don't need to be an nPower customer; the offer's available nationwide, to everyone.

Its available from participating Build Center branches.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2125909

I've just been to one and ordered 26 rolls, my house is about 50m2 (ie an average house)
That's 10*100mm thick at 5.5m2 per roll and 16*170mm thick at 3.33m2 per roll. That will give me 270mm which is what is recommended.

Thats a complete loft full for £26 including delivery, can't be bad. I'm expecting delivery in about 28 days
(mid Jan).

Apparently nPower are feeling guilty about all the profits they're making from us and their conscience is telling them they need to give something back.

When Santa's about, just hoe-hoe-hoe

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: Is your house feeling snug ??
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 18:06:10 »
 Thank you for that very worthwhile information S K. ;D

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 20:58:09 »
Wow!  That is Good.

Wickes are selling the stuff "buy one get 3 free". However there 1 is £28.96
There rolls are slightly larger, the 170mm is 8.15m squared , 100 mm being 14.13m squared. But its £7.24 a roll compared to your £1.00

So even taking into account the larger rolls, you £1 roll is a third the price of Wickes - a bargain indeed.

GodfreyRob

• Acre
  • Good Boy!
    • The VGA Live!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:32:53 »
Just orderd 10 rolls for £10 including delivery - amazing!

I work from home in a shed in the garden and am in the middle of insulating it - will make a huge difference as I can now do the sides as well.

Great tip Slug_killer!

BTW Offer ends at 4pm today!
Software for Vegetable Growers:
The VGA Live!

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:21:36 »
Thanks very much for that tip! nPower website couldn't cope, so rang local BC direct. No problem. Just have to wait to see if it turns up (such cynicism)!

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 13:18:20 »

I work from home in a shed in the garden and am in the middle of insulating it - will make a huge difference as I can now do the sides as well.

Now thats a spanking ideas - insulate the shed, front, back, and sides as well as roof.  :D

GodfreyRob

• Acre
  • Good Boy!
    • The VGA Live!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 13:59:29 »
Just got some LED bulbs too for only £3.99 (Yorkshire Trading Company)- so now I can light my shed for a fraction of the energy!  previously I had 5 gu10 spots at 50watt each. The LEDs are 1.5 watt each
The VGA Live!

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 23:59:58 »
I'd been wondering what had happened to my order, so on Tue I rang up to inquire. today, just 48 hours later, its arrived,

I've got so many rolls I can hardly get to the front door. Its in the front room, the dinning room , the kitchen and filling the hall. I think its going to be a busy weekend. I just wish it had come before the great freeze.

What a bargain indeed.

GodfreyRob

• Acre
  • Good Boy!
    • The VGA Live!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 07:41:30 »
Not seen or heard anything about my order either ???

Will have to get on the phone to chase them up...
The VGA Live!

detailista

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 09:36:21 »
Before buying and trying to install loft insulation yourself it's well worth calling the Energy Saving Trust as there may be a grant available to provide and install insulation for free for you  ;D  they can tell you what grants are available in your area tel 0800 512 012

I work for a fuel poverty charity and in the Newcastle area there's a full grant available for cavity wall insulation for most people in the city ( and loft insulation for some).

Loft insulation material should be installed wearing full body protective gear - it's itchy stuff.

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 10:45:44 »
Ours arrived yesterday have popped it all in the loft until the OH can fit it. They had even supplied us with a bag which had instructions, Safety goggle's gloves and a mask  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal