Author Topic: Additional half allotment  (Read 1552 times)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
Additional half allotment
« on: February 05, 2010, 13:47:28 »
For some reason the demand for allotments in our area isn't that strong.  There are loads of unoccupied allotments.  We've been allowed another chunk on our current site.

That's the good news.

Now the bad news.  It's almost entirely covered in brambles.  Mature ones too!  See attached pic, and more pix here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jznorman/sets/72157623356958148/

Well, no doubt what I'll be doing this weekend.  Still, I do enjoy a good bonfire!

phlips66

• Half Acre
  • st-albans herts
Re: Additional half allotment
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 15:09:16 »
its always nice to have a bit more ground to grow in,itook on another half plot on my site,it was all brambles and rubbish, this year will be the first year of it getting planted up completely

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 17:56:54 »
I was given another half this year too, luckily it's in fairly good nick. I would hate to have to deal with brambles. Happy digging Melbourne12  ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 18:41:03 »
I am also rather lucky and have got an extra quarter to add to my half.   :D

No brambles or weeds but it is very very muddy.  It is covered by a six inch deep layer of mud.  Went down the other day for a squelch.  Not sure what to do.  I can't dig it at the moment its too slippery and if I leave it too long the mud will set into concrete.  I know because that was what I dealt with last year.

And it comes with a big pile of manure and a terrible smell of pig. :-\

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal