Author Topic: Air France "Fat Tax"  (Read 1332 times)

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Air France "Fat Tax"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 19:53:29 »
What do you expect from the daily snail  ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::)
The Tuscan Beaneater

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 19:55:45 »
OH will be overjoyed.. as a size 8 she was always miffed at paying the same as the bloaters...  ;D

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 21:06:02 »
I thought they all charged extra for two seats nowadays?

Not that it would help if all the seats were already booked, unless they plan on fining people for their fat overflowing into someone elses space!

Work with someone who must weigh about 30 stone and theres no way they could fit in a normal airplane seat. Amazingly they drive a Daewoo Matiz though.......

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 09:01:15 »
I thought they all charged extra for two seats nowadays?

Not that it would help if all the seats were already booked, unless they plan on fining people for their fat overflowing into someone elses space!

Work with someone who must weigh about 30 stone and theres no way they could fit in a normal airplane seat. Amazingly they drive a Daewoo Matiz though.......

Shouldn't that be wear the Matiz ;D

I had the misfortune to sit alongside a portly woman once on a plane. She took up one and a half seats, one she had paid for and half she piched off of me.  I reckon if she ever fell down the stairs it would sound like East Enders had just finished.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 09:24:34 »
I wouldn't have a problem with this if the plane seats were actually big enough for normal people. I'm only little and yet always seem to have my knees against the seat in front. God knows how the 6 footers cope. Planes are cramped and uncomfortable imho.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 22:47:25 »
Just been reading a book called "Tail-end Charlies" about bomber command now those people had cramped flying conditions...  :-X

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 23:11:15 »
Just been reading a book called "Tail-end Charlies" about bomber command now those people had cramped flying conditions...  :-X
Spot on Saddad, but they were young and flexible and didn't have to pay for their place!

Although many of them paid with their lives .....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal