Author Topic: Just received my new lottie rules for a Canadian plot...interesting  (Read 10173 times)

lottiedolly

• Acre
Re: Just received my new lottie rules for a Canadian plot...interesting
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 16:25:02 »
Jeannine it looks lovely, i am really crossing my fingers for you

Kx

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 18:11:49 »
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/3105242003_09ac17a461.jpg?v=0

Found another picture.  This one does look like you will need those posh wellies.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 10:09:35 »
Didge,I don't recognise that picture but it does look similar XX Jeannine

PS I might drive over there tomorrow
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 11:11:03 »
Well I had as super visit over there today,  I met a charming lady from Europe who was digging away harvesting winter veg. She was quite excited that a seed sharer was hoping to be on next month and seemed confident that we get plots. We found the blight is awful but the soil is very friable and hardly needs working.

We swapped phone numbers and I came home with my first lottie grown veggies.

We noted a quite high number of sites that hadn't got winter cleanup which is mandatory and she remember several folks who came a few times to a new plot then no more.

Getting close so fingers all crossed please.

It was so pleasant there, there are nesting boxes all over as it is also a bird sanctuary, good to syyyee a machine that dispensed free doggie poop bags, and there was actually a machine that accepted donations to the park.

She told us about a situation where someone had dumped several, bunnies in the park  last Spring and within a little while they were all over the place and underfoot, quite tame, they were having to shoo them off and they were huge and fat.

Apparently there is very little picking by passers by despite the fact that it is open to the public.I thought this wonderful as they have tours all over the park,very regularly, even night ones to see the bats.

I was surprised that the lady I spoke to drives in from Vancouver to the lottie which is about 18 miles either way.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare

Oooh not long now, do you know when you will hear the good news?
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
I phoned a few of days ago and spoke to the new volunteer who mans the list, she said it will be in a couple of weeks but assured me according to my place on the list that I would definately get at least one plot and confirmed we are down for 2, she was so confident in fact she told me to go ahead and start seedlings so I  now have broad beans planted in 4 inch pots !! I won't believe it till it is comfirmed but it sure lools OK.. XX Jeannine

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Oooo thats great news - happy sowing  ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Got Good Feelings about this J....plot(s) AND a new friend. Way to go, Gal xxx

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
They better phone soon cos I can't keep so many things crossed much longer  ooh aah !!

XX Jeannine

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Fab news, I can just imagine your fingers itching to get started  :)

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
Hope you get some good news soon hun  :D
Looks a lovely place and if more sites had a rule about all members helping out around the site it would make all sites look good, after all its for our benifit !

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Well eck..I got the phone call, I was so excited like a kid at Christmas, told I had to attend an orientation meeting...fine I said,, told we would then get a tour of the site to pick our spots.. excellent I thought. then......................the date!! Would you credit it, it is the day we fly to Las Vegas. I told the nice volunteer lady on the phone, she said well they usually do the tour etc with only 15 at a time so there may be another meeting,she thinks. I am gutted,I could have had a good pick ,now if I get another chance it will be the dregs no doubt, plus if they allow the 15 to have 2 plots as we wanted there may bot be another meeting. lady on phone assured me that I would still get a plot but am feeling very deflated now especially as there is a patch that is very wet.

So I need to have a good cuss.....knickers,stocking tops,pink condoms, that is about as bad as I can get..well bloody hell

XX Jeannine

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Could you not get one of your family to go in your place, cheating a bit but what the hell, better than missing out on a good un.    :'(       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Tried that but was told noXX Jeannine

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Oh dear that's a mixed bag!! Can you change your flights or is it a set date and price? Or could you go there a day or two before- or would that be cheating as well?
Hope you manage to sort something out

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
 How frustrating!  There is some kind of force that seems to ensure that things always happen on the same day.  There are days and days with not much on and then three things all at once on the same day.   You have been looking forward to your growing space for so long.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
 :( is there no way around this? It seems such a shame to maybe miss out.
Perhaps we should start a petition and send it to the organiser?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
No, no way I am afraid. I cannot change flights without losing all the cost. They do assure me that I will still get a plot, I am going to phone again in a few days to see if the next meeting is scheduled abd I am going to try to go above the head of the lady who phones,if I can find someone, and see if there is anything I can do. XX Jeannine

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
They do assure me that I will still get a plot

That is the important part

Good on you, seems there should be some scope for compromise, especially as it is a pre arranged  and can't be cancelled. And I'm sending very strong heavy positive vibes  ;D (works with parcels!)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Well I phoned the association (not the list keeper) yesterday and got a very nice lady who was very sensitive to the problem, I said we were considering cancelling the holiday, she said not to do that, there has to be someway round it, told me to phone the list keeper again and stress the reason I couldn't make the meeting, I did so and mentioned the name of the lady at the association, anyway they got their heads together. Association lady phoned back and said, she would be happy to do the orientation personally and if push came to shove she would attend the meeting on my behalf. So if there is a another meeting planned that I can get to I shall go, if not it seems I have made a new friend. I am not as worried now..well maybe just a bit. It is one of those things,you know..you will believe it when you get the key in your hand.

XX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal