Author Topic: Toms  (Read 6212 times)

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
Re: Toms
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 15:56:41 »
Just planted my very first tomatoes!  Sweet Million F1- I'll be watching every day to see if anything pops up!

They've popped!

Ohh, I just went to check mine because of your post, mine havent popped yet.  :-\
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 22:10:36 »
Hi Cleo, thought of you this week, how are you now. Just received loads of Canadian and US seed catalogues and your old fave pet hate Moneymaker is in most of them. Described as a British heirloom tom with good yield and great taste,so I thought of you of course when I read it. Actually I might just grow a couple for old times sake, first home grown I ever tasted ( Dad took up greenhouse gardening with no knowledge and babied the toms)and I have to say it was what got me hooked on growing toms, without Moneymaker I never would have started although I have never personally grown them. I wonder if the Canadian soil makes a difference. Interesting experiment maybe?

Take care

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 11:49:22 »
Hi Cleo, thought of you this week, how are you now

Hello sweetheart-we are doing OK thanks-Jenny still cannot swallow so still on the pump for ten hours a day -hey ho.

I said I was going to `retire` this year but all those seeds?? all those varieties ??--They need me sow so them.

I might try to sell a few -not for profit you understand-more as a missionary amongst those who still grow Moneymaker

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 12:51:46 »
I've sowed mine on the 31/1/10:
Tigerella, only 4 up out of 18, old seed
Red Cherry, 17 out of 18 up, new seed
Roma, 18 up out of 20, new seed
Marmande, 20 out of 20 up, new seed
1/2 to 2 and1/2 inches high.
 ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 13:14:03 »
Just planted a few 'Tigerella' so fingers crossed that they will germinate.

Just 1 of the 4 we planted has popped so far.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal