Author Topic: Wootton Bassett  (Read 9695 times)

Vony

• Acre
Wootton Bassett
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:49:01 »
The third world war could start if this was allowed to happen

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=151591914

Hopefully this "march" will NOT be allowed.    A friend in UK sent me this..........

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Wootton Bassett
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 09:17:00 »
I've just seen this on another website, the general feeling is ignore it, It won't happen, but don't fuel the topic by stirring up anti islamic feeling.

Of course they have civilian caualties which need repect. But a better way of remembrance should be thought of, as this will only alienate the law abiding muslim population. The press will not be able to contain theirselves, but if we don't bite they won't have a story.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:20:08 »
Perfectly decent people of all races and religions die and suffer in wars not of their making.

Is any one convinced that the reason for the demonstration has anything to do with that ?

At least in this country people are free to demonstrate, they are going to score an own goal on that one.

A dignified silence of being absent is the best way for normal people to respond.
If nothing happens, there will be nothing to report.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:24:35 by PurpleHeather »

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 17:31:11 »
I have just been invited by a "friend" on facebook to join a group protesting about it  - I deleted it!

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 17:52:16 »
Possibly a publicity stunt by the Wooton Bassett tourist board. Doubt much else happens there!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 23:08:59 »
I have just been invited by a "friend" on facebook to join a group protesting about it  - I deleted it!
I joined it.

I wonder if we would be allowed to do a Christian peaceful demonstration march through the centre of Kabul.  Guess not. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 02:14:19 »
The guy organising it is an extremist who preaches hate and supports sharia law in this country.
Take a look at his website http://www.islam4uk.com/non-muslims and then decide.
His group should be banned under race hatred laws, but the police are monitoring it for 'intelligence'.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:04:56 »
I've just seen this on another website, the general feeling is ignore it, It won't happen, but don't fuel the topic by stirring up anti islamic feeling.

The press will not be able to contain theirselves, but if we don't bite they won't have a story.

Yep-pretty much what I think! Put it with the banning of the word Christmas and the building of a super-mosque in Kendal.  ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 12:29:25 »
reminder to self
"keep out of the right-wing / racist / bigotted arguments on here"

;)
You couldn't make it up!

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 12:34:00 »
I am really really angry with this intended "protest march".

I hope the people of Wooten Bassett keep away from the town on the day they intend the march, the whole of the march route cleared of people, shops/pubs closed complete and total blank of people to parade to!

Hopefully even the press will not be reporting it and the message should get through that Wooten Basset is a home for heroes not trouble makers.

Old Bird

:o

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 14:22:17 »
reminder to self

;)

I would like to know what was right wing/ racist/ bigotted about this thread.  ???

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 18:32:29 »
reminder to self

;)

I would like to know what was right wing/ racist/ bigotted about this thread.  ???
I thought your original post was very mature and the correct reaction Ace.  I kept out of the thread because my presence in threads like this seems to fuel things so I did a quiet tonybloke.  I think most people's posts on this thread have been like yours.  ktlawson does put something totally irrelevant in - which matches what tonybloke posted. This is not Afghanistan and glad it isn't.  The person responsible for the march is British trying to exercise his rights (hateful as they are) as a British citizen - I would expect that ultimately, the march will be banned - because, like Kabul, the police here do have that power.

ps the source of this thread - the march, is right wing and bigotted.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 18:50:28 by redclanger »
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

redimp

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 22:39:28 »
Cancelled by Islam4UK
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8451014.stm
As modelled by most of the posters in this thread, common sense has prevailed.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 08:31:31 »
Cancelled by Islam4UK

What is 'most' all about, everybody posted how they felt about the situation, they are still allowed to do that, although some would like to see that privilege end.

How? The original source of this thread came from Islam4UK. Who were highlighting their feelings towards Britain being in Afghanistan, Knowing full well it would stir up everybody.

I kept out of the thread because my presence in threads like this seems to fuel things

I wonder why. Just because people do not agree with your views  you seem to feel you have the right to insult them  and call them racists, right wing, bigotted, national front and any other popular buzzword that you and your tunnelled visioned pseudo intellectual types feel like throwing.

We are allowed our views and in this internet age we also come into contact with people we would  normally not give the time of day too. So we are going to come across views that do not fit our mindset. I am honest about my way of life, I have always had it and nobody is ever going to change it. You stand more chance of p!ssing in the queens handbag, than you do of trying to bully me and millions of others to toe your line.

millions?  just ask for a show of hands when the pc police are at lunch.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 12:19:55 »
  Yes i for one agree with that statement.  well said.

redimp

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 13:10:48 »
Cancelled by Islam4UK

What is 'most' all about, everybody posted how they felt about the situation, they are still allowed to do that, although some would like to see that privilege end.

How? The original source of this thread came from Islam4UK. Who were highlighting their feelings towards Britain being in Afghanistan, Knowing full well it would stir up everybody.

I kept out of the thread because my presence in threads like this seems to fuel things

I wonder why. Just because people do not agree with your views  you seem to feel you have the right to insult them  and call them racists, right wing, bigotted, national front and any other popular buzzword that you and your tunnelled visioned pseudo intellectual types feel like throwing.

We are allowed our views and in this internet age we also come into contact with people we would  normally not give the time of day too. So we are going to come across views that do not fit our mindset. I am honest about my way of life, I have always had it and nobody is ever going to change it. You stand more chance of p!ssing in the queens handbag, than you do of trying to bully me and millions of others to toe your line.

millions?  just ask for a show of hands when the pc police are at lunch.

I really cannot see what I have done to deserve that diatribe.  I complemented you on being grown up (I suppose it was too much to expect it to last) and I referred to the march as being right wing and bigotted.

And I am sorry, but if views are right wing and racist, i cannot help that, nor can I make it not so.  Nor will I be bullied into not pointing it out.  And when you lose an argument, it is easy to call it pseudointellectual.  I will not resort to insulting the arguments, I will just continue to win them.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 14:42:43 »
Children,

If you do not behave it will smack bottoms.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 15:58:13 »
Children,

shh you might encourage them ;)
sanity is overated

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 16:04:47 »
Children,

shh you might encourage them ;)

;D ;D ;D
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 17:02:12 »
He attempted to do the march yesterday, about 250-300 anti-march protesters turned up at very short notice.
He was arrested in Sainsbury's car park before he could start.

Protesting against extremists like Choudry is not right-wing.

If you investigate his group further, it is a front for a terrorist group, the name escapes me now.

Please don't assume everybody who is against terrorism and the militant islam are right wing.
Research what is going on in your towns, do you have no-go areas???
A lot of towns do, and not just at night.

The jihadists are grooming children under 10 for suicide bombing missions. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6982399.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=797084
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 17:27:50 by dtw »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal