Author Topic: Happy ending  (Read 1662 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Happy ending
« on: December 04, 2009, 21:56:33 »
Parents evening at school last night, I didn't go, but was a bit worried. All that worry last week, silly woman whoever she was.  Daughter popped in today, glowing and happy (thank goodness).  Apparently the school are delighted with granddaughter, 4 subjects exceptional, 2 average, 2 not so good, but not worried about that.  Said what wonderful parents they were, and praised child for helping with 2 children that had difficulties, one (her friend) she takes to extra English classes and they are both learning Spanish (so chat in Spanish) which the teacher said was so sweet.  No problems at all about the taking her to school and back, wasn't mentioned, so we are all happy bunnies at present.  Said her music wasn't too good but she could learn the electric guitar which went down well with her, hope we don't have to buy one (lucky I have gone a bit deaf).  One of the terrible twins (cats) (still visits) but no problems from the owner and it just comes for visits and then goes home (I hope) so hopefully I can go to bed and not worry.  Spoke to my daughter in law, and she said she took her eldest to secondary school for 2 years (in the car) and she wanted to come and tell this woman off.  Sorry to bore you all but had to get that off my chest.

betula

• Hectare
Re: Happy ending
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 22:02:10 »
Glad things are on the up B   :)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 22:04:31 »
Good result all round  :) :) :) :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 23:06:40 »
Tell it like it is...  :)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 00:27:49 »
Nice to hear things going well.  I hope that you make sure that the 'silly woman' knows just how much upset she has caused.  Caring parent = caring child.  Sounds like the other one couldn't be bothered to take her children to school and justified it by believing it was a good thing.

Nice thing about an electric guitar is you can have ear phones.  Also their finger boards has frets across.  But they are a bit of a struggle to tune.  Anything is better than a beginner Vile Din or is it a violin.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 00:35:21 »
Sounds like a very special child and one to be proud of  :D

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 05:38:54 »
I'm so pleased to read that, it must be such a relief for you and your daughter.

Seems like the cat situation is sorting itself out too.  :)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 21:00:50 »
Nice one Borlotti, two of my mates kids are in your grandaughters year and others in the older years, I've PM'ed you.   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 21:29:27 »
Good to hear Borlotti! schools have more sense than to listen to nutters like that woman when the proof is there in the child. A grandaughter to be proud of.  :)

Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal