Author Topic: winter fuel payment  (Read 5940 times)

snipsnip

• Quarter Acre
Re: winter fuel payment
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 17:49:14 »
I suppose though if it's a FREE phone call and you can't get to the lottie it's one way of passing the time  ;D

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 10:19:13 »
Hello Folks, I've had my winter payment of £125.00 the wife is  still waiting for her payment to come through,  :)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 11:43:48 »
Not got mine yet.........not old enough....still a spring chicken me. ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 14:53:48 »
Directgov website just says

Your Winter Fuel Payment should be with you by Christmas

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretirementplanning/index.htm

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 15:41:48 »
My OH starts with a B so the alphabetical bit cannot be the answer.  He has just got letter saying its coming before Christmas.  Perhaps it depends on your age.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 18:34:10 »
Or national insurance number? Mine starts with a Y.  :(

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 18:48:34 »
Could be.   Mine begins with a K.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 19:25:11 »
It's not paid alphabetically it's paid by NI number (well 2 digits of it) and to a certain extent the length of time you have been receiving the winter fuel payments (new claims can take longer to process so may be delayed). If the payment has not been made by 30th December you may have been overlooked & you then you need to contact them to ensure your claim is in & they have the correct details for you before the 30th of March otherwise you may miss out.
Not sure why I know this I'm not eligible for winter fuel payments for another 30 years & they will probably of scrapped it by then.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 19:44:19 »
Hello Folks, I've had my winter payment of £125.00 the wife is  still waiting for her payment to come through,  :)

Unless you and your OH keep separate homes, why a payment to you both - what's the rationality in that? Puzzled :-[

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 20:44:03 »
Unless you and your OH keep separate homes, why a payment to you both - what's the rationality in that? Puzzled :-[

It's absolutely mad. I was getting the full amount until my OH became 60.  Now it is divided in two and we get half each.  It goes into the same bank account!   ::)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2009, 14:17:27 »
yes same here it goes into the same place but requires 2 separate letters to the same address. by the way I have had mine but OH has just had the letter but not the payment yet. when I received Tax credit altho I was the sole earner we were
judged as a couple but all the paperwork which was identical except for the addressee were sent separately to our same address1 there was a lot of paperwork sent in a a4 envelopes. it just shows how much money is wasted as well as the paper (over half of which was shredded and went in the bin)
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 19:40:05 »
My letter came today so hope money will be in the bank soon or may ring up again.   LOL.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 19:52:43 »
We where only talking about this last night.  OH turned 60 this year filled the paper work in and was wondering how long it took to come.  So thanks one and all for the info. ;D ;D

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 15:10:49 »
Not all couples share things so they have to allow for all cases, we get £250.00 between us but a single load of fuel is £325.00 we have no other means of heating.Still I will get another 25p a week in about 18 months any ideas what I can spend all that on, ;D ;D

It's absolutely mad. I was getting the full amount until my OH became 60.  Now it is divided in two and we get half each.  It goes into the same bank account!   ::)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 18:05:44 »
Mine has arrived.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal