Author Topic: Calling all Enfield, Barnet and surrounding area Allotmenteers  (Read 32189 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Calling all Enfield, Barnet and surrounding area Allotmenteers
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 17:12:17 »
Hi, we've had two sections of fencing at opposite ends cut on our site and someone was seen taking metal poles off the plot, we think someone has a van close by and they are taking all the scrap metal off site, beware everyone scrap metal is at an all time high.   >:( >:( >:(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 20:55:28 »
Visited another local Enfield site today, The Cabbage Patch, well we visited their shop to get a few ideas and buy some bulk stock. We met the community bods on bikes there and they were really nice we chatted them up about site visits and ten minutes after we were back on site they paid the site a visit, I did show the site sec up a bit when I was carrying the bags out and told him I had nicked them and hurry up and get his car round , the CB did laugh so at least they have a sense of humour.   ;D :P

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 05:37:49 »
New fences going up in April,  :-\ or so I am told, I shall wait with baited breath, :-\ I suppose we will pay for it in the long run.  :-X

cornykev

• Hectare
We had another compost delivery last week   ;)
Still waiting for our new fence which is meant to be put up this month  ::)
Fir trees to be trimmed down  :-\
                     ;D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:36:04 by cornykev »

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 09:38:56 »
You are doing well with the compost.  We got scaffold boards, but this delivery was not too good but made a good bonfire, so got rid of a load of my rubbish that wouldn't compost.  Scaffold boards not from the Council.  Don't think we are having new fences are some neighbours have said they like the old fence and the higher fence would spoil the view over the playing fields, and at the moment we don't get any vandalism.  Hope they cut they big fir/whatever tree done at the end of my allotment, can't wait.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Still waiting for our new fence which is meant to be put up this month  ::)
                     ;D

...and I bet yout still haven't sown the 'silly bum'!  ;)  ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 20:10:43 »
Georgie where have you been hiding, its funny you should mention the silly bum, I had it out last night, the silly bum that is, not mine, anyway its ready to sow, its not too late is it, they are replacing our fence so if I had planted years ago it would have been ripped up or chopped down I reckon, so it's a good job I have a crap memory.   ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 21:29:48 »
Georgie where have you been hiding, its funny you should mention the silly bum, I had it out last night, the silly bum that is, not mine, anyway its ready to sow, its not too late is it, they are replacing our fence so if I had planted years ago it would have been ripped up or chopped down I reckon, so it's a good job I have a crap memory.   ;D

I've been locked in Borlotti's shed all winter.   ;) ;D 

Silly bum should be fine sown direct now, I reckon. 

Don't suppose you wanna chat about footie?  It had to be Ronaldo who scored eh but that was shocking goal keeping from Gomez.  For my part I don't have a good feeling about tomorrow... ???

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 19:54:25 »
Right if we're all sat comfortably, Georgies going to give us a 5 minute chat on how the blue, better half of manc land smashed the reds.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-*

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 20:17:23 »
Another council compost delivery last Thursday
Still waiting for the fence to arrive though :-\

TelSteph

• Not So New ...
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 01:59:20 »
Hi all, made it at last.
Great to hear that people are getting compost, lucky buggers. The only thing we get from the council is a wave as they pass by in thier car. Our secretary hasn't spoken to us in 5 years. Still seeing that he's an a hole, then that suits me fine. He's had more than 3 witten complains about him and the council won't do anything.
We have a fence, just, it's low enough for the yobs to climb over.
Anyway that's enough of a winge for now.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 17:25:22 »
Who do you Deal with at the council Steph over complaints
Our fence is still not been started on
The fir trees are still 100 feet high
We have organised a BBQ at the site so that should get people together
Our shop is up and running and we have sold a fair bit so far
The best allotment competition poster has gone up and I might enter myself
Sillybum has been sowed direct but no sign yet
Next years prices 2012 are as follows £85.00 for a ten pole plot and £12.00 water charge
This years prices 2011 were as follows £64.00 for a ten pole plot and £9.50 water charge
I may have got this bit wrong but concessions are 25% off and not the usual 50%
 :P

TelSteph

• Not So New ...
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 23:20:49 »
Cornykev,
When I ring the council I don't speak to anyone in particular, just the allotment team.
Be great if we could organise a BBQ but our Sec. wouldn't have it.
We had a shop years ago but then the council said we couldn't have it anymore and our Sec. isn't interested.
Good luck with the fence & trees. Don't hold your breath. LOL.
TEL.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 18:44:03 »
I went to the lottie this afternoon and part of our new fence has been erected, the fencing that runs along the park up until the gate, which just happens to run adjacent to my plot, and they cut back quite a lot of trees and bushes so I'll be planting some silybum in the gaps, how far shall I plant them G.   ;D

TelSteph

• Not So New ...
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 00:23:53 »
The allotment next to us is having a new fence errected but the grass next to our plot has grass that is now 2 feet high. Good to see the council spending thousands £ on fencing. It's a pitty they can't find time to cut the grass.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 11:01:55 »
Council cut the grass yesterday around the allotment. But in danger of repeating myself, we have a pro-active Secretary and he does get things done.  New fence up, compost, woodchip and manure delivered (free) and a lorry load of scaffolding boards.  Even had the tree surgeons there the other day, and I forgot the new water tanks.  I think there are grants available if applied for.  Ask Kev (he is on a committee).  Did think they could renew the toilets, as when you pull the chain get a shower (stand well back) but I was told that the money was only available for certain things (like fences).

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 11:50:34 »
Our fence is still not finished  :-\
I asked our site sec to chase up on the wood chip and hopefully that will be sorted next week
Our Allotment Review Officer was on site checking on the new fence and I asked about getting some of the over hanging trees and shrubbery cut back, but no joy there I think
We cut the grass back ourselves on site
Steph what site are you on as there about 4or5 off the A10
The only committee I'm on is for the shop, so have no power in getting things done on site
The meeting we had to start the shop involved our ARO so we asked him about new fences and padlocks, which both are sorted now
Our next targets are the giant fir trees and maybe the toilets
Our BBQ was a success yesterday and brought lottie holders together who don't normally get to see each other, a Sunny day and a Greek Bloke cooking the grub what more could you want and the kids going to the fair next door afterwards.
 ;D ;D ;D

TelSteph

• Not So New ...
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 00:23:36 »
Why is it that every one else's site in Enfield sound brill compared to ours.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 05:36:35 »
Fence still not finished
BBQ a sucess, talk of another one already
No sites perfect, there's always bitching and back stabbing
Steph if things are that bad ask to speak to your ARO, I know he has a lottie off the A10
Which site are you on
Does others on your site share you veiw and will they support you
 :-\

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 17:59:27 »
They finally finished the fence at last, they had to put a walk in gate next to the drive in gate,  to make less noise when opening so not to annoy the neighbours, but the council in the way only a council can operate have put a different padlock on it so no one can use it anyway.    ???
We had compost delivered last week and we put it up the other end of the site just to keep the vultures happy.     :(
The hedges on the graveyard side have been cut from their side and they have trimmed the top, thats the first time in a few years, but still they won't come in and trim the hedges, shrubbery and trees inside.    :'(
 ;D ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal