Author Topic: Accused of stealing  (Read 7370 times)

Ishard

• Hectare
Re: Accused of stealing
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 17:43:41 »
I would ask them to pay a boarding fee of £7.00 for everytime their cat had a sleepover at your house.
Lets see then how many times they kick their cat out at night. lol

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 16:51:12 »
Oh I don't know if I'm just being thick and the joke is going over my head but Borlotti, your posts are confusing me!  ???  :)

Are you not sending these poor kits mixed messages by letting them in some times but doing a war dance to keep them out other times?  Seems a bit harsh as they can't possibly know if they're coming or going?

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 10:00:30 »
I agree, my fault entirely.  Was OK when it just popped in for short visits and then went home.  I should never have let it in in the first place but it is a very clever cat and I do like my back door open when I am cooking and it is very sneaky at getting in.  It doesn't mind my war dance round the garden, thinks it is very funny.  Only saw it briefly yesterday as Wednesday my granddaughter comes and nothing so far today (result) apart from it was on the roof of our extension, don't know how it got up up there, unless it slept with Spiros next door as he keeps his window open.  My other cat Zorba used to do that but as they got Zorba for me as a kitten when my dog died we kind of shared him.  He stayed with her when I was at work and he came home when I did.  Think these are just very inquisitive young cats, watched red collar cross the alley to inspect a new extension that was being built and he goes next door.  Blue collar likes my shed roof and plastic greenhouse.  Think I have got to keep pushing it out and hope it doesn't come to any harm.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 10:19:07 »
Cats will always do what they want to do B.

When my kids were small our cat kept disappearing.One day there was a knock on the door,next door but one had my cat,he was unwell and they decided to tell me he was living the life of Riley at their house.I suppose with three kids in the house he preferred to go somewhere else for peace and quiet.

The thing that annoyed me though is they only told me when they faced a vets bill.

Such is life.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 17:13:17 »
I have given up now, just keep the cat flap open and they come and go as they please, but no food, apart from my cat Charlie.  Given the owner my address so if she wants them she had better come and get them.

lavenderlux

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 18:58:31 »
Have you seen the children's book 'Six Dinner Sid' - its about a cat which visits several different homes, and everyone gives him a different name and think he's 'theirs'.   Its a super book for young children and sums up the behaviour of many cats - including the one in my house who's just woken up.  He's a very large stripey cat who we call 'big fella' but whose real name is 'Worthington'. He lives five houses down the road but his owner is out at work all day and as soon as he's put out in the morning he visits us and spends the day sleeping here with our cats, and then he returns to his own home ready for his owners return at around 7pm.   

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 20:08:26 »
I must get that book, had another good one for children about when the people went away the cats had a party and invited all their cat friends.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 09:48:53 »
Talking cat books....Fred by Posy Simmonds is a brilliant book we bought when our daughter was little, all about a lazy cat Fred who sadly dies of cat 'flu but is subsequently discovered to have had a secret life as an Elvis like entertainer! Good for introducing kids to the idea that pets are transient too....and very funny as well.

If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 14:53:49 »
Borlotti, can only agree with Sam (mixed msgs to kits - now you're welcome, now you're not?) + the other suggestion that your cat-flap opens only to your micro-chipped cat......but :-[.....well, you cook with your kitchen door open, which you want, cats being cats, etc.etc.....would only suggest that you live your life and get the phone number of your neighbour and ring her every time kits comes into yours to take her/him back...EVERY time. Whatever time. :o.....and give them a time limit for the hand-over 8) Best insist on their mobile no. anorl cos they may be Xmas shopping in town :)

Accusing you of stealing their cat just ain't on...grrrrr :o

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 21:21:26 »
Well, after 4 hours of one cat outside and wet and other twin coming in wet went and knocked on her door and she was amazed that the the two wet twins were sitting on my dining room chairs after being dried off with an old towel, and she said they were not shut out.  Any way showed her my house and no food down, and my cat asleep on the bed and the cat flap locked to keep her cats out, and we had no problems apart from the fact that once she had told her cats off and told them to go home, one was back again, but he cannot come in, don't care if he is wet or run over, not my problem.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 21:25:05 »
Oh B,is he sitting outside all wet and straggly and sad and hungry and....................... :)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 18:28:16 »
The owner did not believe this until I grabbed her and got her to my house.  Today all is peaceful as OH chased them up the garden with a wet tea towel and I have got the water spray at the ready.  All OK apart from when I went out and didn't know Charlie my cat (had gone out) and he couldn't get in, but he was only out for 4 hours and was not too pleased.  This is where they decided to sleep last night, before I contacted the owner and she tried to take them home, said they love her 1 year old child!!!. She did say blue collar was not afraid of water, and red collar (without a collar as someone has taken it off, and it wasn't me) is no problem as he is a bit scared of me (and my war dance round the garden).   It is good for giving up smoking as every time I have a ciggie outside the cats try to get in.  Had Charlie for 12 years and never ever trouble with the cat flap with other cats, and no more animals after Charlie has lived his life out. (How many times have I said that before).

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 13:54:20 »
said they love her 1 year old child!!!

Aha.. I think you have found the problem! Most cats detest babies and toddlers, and will do anything to escape the noise and unwanted attentions.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 14:31:59 »

then one memorable day my daughter aged 5 came into the house with the cat wrapped firmly in her arms and annouced "Because you wouldnt get me a cat God has given me one!"

That is so sweet!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal