Author Topic: Accused of stealing  (Read 7362 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Accused of stealing
« on: November 12, 2009, 15:34:38 »
Well I told the lady that her cat keeps coming in my house and I got accused of stealing it.  Have locked the cat flap so it can't get in, after buying a new one as I kicked the other one out in a temper when I chased the two terrible twins out.  Poor Charlie got locked out, and he didn't understand why.  Opened it when I got home and this is what I found.  At least it now only comes for short visits and has got fed up with head butting the cat flap.

betula

• Hectare
Re: Accused of stealing
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 15:40:19 »
It's  a purrrrrrrrfect life   ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 15:50:35 »
Cats are their own bosses.....they choose where they feel most comfy! We adopted two cats and one ran away the first time we let them out......three months later he turned up skinny and meowing at our doorstep, came in, was fed, and has stayed ever since! ::)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 16:10:28 »
cats are funny things they are. my elderly neighbours were befriended by a grey cat that looks very similar to mine and for a while they thought it was the same one so were friendly to it but noticed it was becoming very thin and straggly and finally called round to talk to me about it. when they realised it was a different cat they spent some time and effort putting out found posters and advertising in the local papers. they would give it the odd bit of food as it looked thin but didn't allow it in the house until one day they asked to borrow my cat carrier to take it to the vet to see if it had a I.D chip and to get it checked out as it looked like it had worms.  they did everything they could to find the owner and eventually had the idea of putting a message on the cats collar which worked.
the owners were a young couple who came round and were horribly rude to my elderly neighbours and (like you) accused them of stealing their cat and told them not to have anything to do with the cat if it turned up again. which they tried very hard to do. not easy when the cat keeps turning up. my neighbours were very upset at how rude the couple were.  it was really unnecessary to upset them like that.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 16:32:32 »
Poor puss :'(
Smile, it confuses people.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 18:30:35 »
Well was no food down, but it has just eaten the remains of granddaughers fish fingers, jumped on the table, when I wasn't looking, so must be hungry,  it is raining and after kicking it out twice and it is still trying to get in.  Should I go and tell her to come and collect her cat or boot it again.  I don't believe that her cat flap is open all day or why would they/it keep coming here.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 18:33:06 »
Should I go and tell her to come and collect her cat or boot it again. 

That's a good idea - she'll get the message after a dozen times  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Cats will be cats.   ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 18:36:27 »
Borlotti I wouldn't go and tell her and I would let the cat stay if it wants!
If she comes asking about her cat fib and say that you've not seen it!   :)
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 20:09:34 »
Cats like company and prefer some people to others.  If you and your own cat are happy to have him then just let him stay somewhere else that suits him better.
Obxx - Vendée France

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 16:36:01 »
Good result, twin with blue collar had a sleep over last night, shut him out all morning and they he crept in soaking wet, but then red collar came in this afternoon, and I ran round the back garden with the broom, shouting and swearing, banging on the fence, you bl...y cats will get me into trouble and they disappeared quickly, then spoke to my neighbour (not the owner of the terrible twins) and she said red collar was in her house.  Have just broken my finger nail shutting the cat flap, but so far no cats, apart from my cat Charlie asleep on the bed.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 18:48:27 »
Spoke too soon, cat having a lovely sleep on the arm chair before I stick a broom up its bum, no I just can't do it.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 18:51:10 »
I had to fit a chip reading catflap as we had all sorts of local mogs coming in..
Pain in the backside to install and expensive but effective (and the cats needed to be chipped anyway...)
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 19:27:26 »
If I had a cat that preferred to live somewhere else I think I'd just have to accept it, and get another one.

If I thought a neighbour was starving their cat I would drive somewhere a very long way out of town and take it to a cats home, tell them I found it tied up in a bin bag..

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 15:43:28 »
Shut out for two days, went shopping, left cat flap open for Charlie (my cat) and would you believe it is has nicked Charlie's bed.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 15:48:54 »
The cat (s) obviously like you and your home! They are not daft, and always find the cosiest, warmest friendliest places

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 17:07:03 »
Beautiful kit next door to a daughter has now decamped to her house, away from youngster who mithers it to death! The next doors haven't got a cat flap and it is pushed out in all weathers. Now asleep on a bed. I have told her to expect fireworks if they find out.
Smile, it confuses people.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 15:59:11 »
Result so I thought, lovely sunny day so shut my cat and the terrible twin out, out all morning playing tennis, then I crept in the garden, still only Charlie who I let in.  Result, it has gone home.  On the computer in the back bedroom and a face is looking in the window, has jumped on the roof of the extension and heard me typing.  Well, I give up, let it in through the window.  If the owner knocks she can have it back.  Trouble is it is not my cat, and I would take the collar off, hate collars on cats, and put frontline on, and what happens if it is ill.  Time to do the dance round the garden with the broom which the cat thinks is very funny until I stick it up his arse.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 16:12:24 »
So Borlotti does this make you a cat burglar.   :-X   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 16:23:16 »
Years ago when my kids were small the middle daughter wanted  a cat but being a mean mum I said no cos we had 4 dogs which were enough.

Anyway, one cold winter a cat suddenly appeared in our garden and stayed despite me throwing spuds at it when peeling them for dinner and the dogs chasing it.

I didnt feed the cat but it stayed around ALL winter, then one memorable day my daughter aged 5 came into the house with the cat wrapped firmly in her arms and annouced "Because you wouldnt get me a cat God has given me one!"

Needless to say we adopted the cat, had it neutered, wormed and injected for every disease known to cathood then 3 months later its (previous) owners callled around and said "You stole our cat."

My reply was, " I have boarded your cat for the winter and because it was ill I have paid for all its vets bills and as soon as you reimburse me for £300.00 I will happily give you the cat back."

We kept the cat.  ;D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 16:55:43 »
Taking the puss (or piss), the lights are on in their house and it shot out like a rocket.  I have been in my garden kicking the shed roof and the fence with the broom saying f..k off, I have given them my house number but perhaps I will go round and give them some grief.  Don't believe that their cat flap is open all day and night, think they shut it out. Might ask them for some pyjamas if it wants another sleep over.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal