Author Topic: Where have they gone?  (Read 8807 times)

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
Re: Where have they gone?
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 11:43:49 »
hes back ? ACE i mean!!   ;D ;D ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 12:04:31 »
It is hard to come back once you have gone I am sure.

However I really hope you are reading this Ceres and you feel able to come back with your head held high.

Miss Ya.................. :)

Slug_killer

• Acre
  • I wanna be a slug.
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 12:22:46 »

Me you can find another.

Not so sure about that. Island Hillbillies with inflated ego's dont come 2 a penny, you know.  ;)
When Santa's about, just hoe-hoe-hoe

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 12:38:30 »
ACE, you big lump you, give us a hug  :D  I haven’t stayed away because of you.  I’ve stayed away because of the very hurtful comments made by a few people that had nothing to do with the decision to close that thread.  When I agreed to be a moderator I expected that there would come a time when some folks would disagree with something that had to be done but I also expected that any disagreement would be handled in a civilised and adult way.  I didn’t expect the outright nastiness aimed at someone (me) giving up my time just trying to do something that benefits everyone on the forum.

I completely understand and share the frustration over how the troll is dealt with.  At any time Dan could have identified his ISP and submitted an abuse report.  That might or might not have resulted in his ISP suspending/banning him. But over a long period of time, Dan has chosen to take no action, not even deleting the various IDs he uses.  Dan just watches and closes a thread when it gets out of hand.  That’s what I did.  I’d do the same again in the same circumstances.  That’s ALL I can do because Dan hasn’t given the mods the power to do anything else.

Dan closed a troll-baiting thread the other day - one that, at the point he closed it, was far less provocative than the one I closed.  Were there screams of outrage about curtailment of free speech?  Nasty comments about Dan?  No, there weren’t.  The conclusion I reach from that is that it isn’t the action a mod takes that winds people up, it’s who takes the action.  I KNOW I was never anyone’s first choice for a mod (except Dan apparently!) but I (naively perhaps) didn’t think it would matter as the job of a mod is just to try to keep the forum safe and enjoyable for everyone and I thought people would respect that, if not me.  I was wrong which is why I quit as a mod and suggested to Dan that he appoints someone who gets the popular vote and who might get an easier ride.

I’ve had lots of lovely messages and a kind person here has copied me on stuff that has been posted so thank you for all the support.  This is a great place with lots of kind and generous people which is why it’s the best gardening forum.  But please, can we move on now and get back to what we share which is our love of gardening and leave the other stuff behind?

And ACE don’t you dare go anywhere or I might just have to come down to that raggedy little outcrop that hangs off the south coast where the natives gaze longingly at the mainland ;) and hunt you down.  Be afraid, be very afraid  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D     

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 12:43:54 »
Big welcome back............... :-* :-* :-*

pennsylvannia planters

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 12:54:50 »
Ace is back?
Oh dear, there goes the neighbourhood. ;D ;D ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 13:08:24 »
I think this thread has now run it's course. ;D ;D ;D

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2009, 13:18:57 »
Oh no it hasn't!!!! I haven't said "Welcome back" yet.

WELCOME BACK ACE AND CERES

And don't you dare do that on us again, either of you....

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2009, 13:23:07 »
 WELCOME BACK TO YOU BOTH  ;D :-*.
Now let us settle down & be happy. SOD the trolls we know who they are just use the ignore button.

Ceres, get a group hug from us all who have missed you. & Ace, we shall follow Ceres to get you if you do not post so as Ceres said BE AFRAID.

Now altogether, 

Talk, keep talking happy happy talk
Talk about things you like to do.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2009, 13:55:27 »
If I stand on the roof of my house I can see the IOW (on a clear day), so watch out Ace. 

Glad to have both of you back, normality can now resume.

:-* :-* :-* :-*
The Tuscan Beaneater

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2009, 13:59:52 »
So glad you are both back.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2009, 14:20:53 »
Oh eck - let me do some investigations.

While I do this I am going to close this thread - don't all hate me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal