Author Topic: Uninvited guest  (Read 1912 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Uninvited guest
« on: October 20, 2009, 19:16:35 »
The terrible twins has moved in at the back of my house, but I don't think they like the young children.  Charlie missed Zorba when he was put to sleep, as he was very ill and old, and Charlie cried and cried but not sure he likes the terrible twins.  They come twice a day to eat his food, through the cat flap and are quite sweet, just hope they haven't got fleas, as use frontline on Charlie.  Got told off from OH for feeding them.  Excuse dirty floor.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Uninvited guest
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 19:26:40 »
I'm in trouble with the owner of the terrible twins, one of them had a sleep over on bonfire night.  Knocked on her door today and told her and I have been told to keep my cat flap shut, not leave any food down and stop stealing their cat.  Poor Charlie (my cat) can get out but not in and I have to creep out to put the washing out.  Have taken the cat back home and told her my address, at the back of her house, but it just sits in my garden all day.  She has a young child.  Have got a water pistol at the ready but it just thinks I am playing.  Think it has gone home now as got fed up with head banging the cat flap.  Didn't really want it in my house but thought it shouldn't be out on bonfire night.  I like to leave my back door open as I smoke, but not indoors and then the cat creeps in and I have to search the house for it.  Hopefully all quiet here tonight and have opened the cat flap so Charlie can get in and out and hopefully the other cat won't come in in the middle of the night.  Do you think she is entitled to be cross with me.  Zorba, my other cat, used to spend everyday next door, and come home when I got home from work and my neighbour never minded.  She loved him to bits.

Sholls

• Acre
Re: Uninvited guest
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 20:20:31 »
If the 'owner' of these wayward cats objects to you providing a safe haven for them on bonfire/firework night direct her to this story. :( (An article not for the faint hearted). Although, if I were in her shoes, I'd have been frantic & peeved if someone had my pet and didn't let me know... :(

Moving on... if she doesn't want them straying she should be the one to take action; keep them indoors, or provide an enclosed run in her garden. From what you've previously written, you're not actively encouraging them, but cats will be cats; if they can find a comfy spot to sleep & score extra meals then they will. (One or more of my neighbours used to feed my cat; it resulted in all manner of digestive & urinary tract issues, as a result the only responsible thing for me to do was to restrict his movements. :( ) Why should you & poor old Charlie have to modify your behaviour because of her inability to take responsibility for her pets?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 20:36:53 by Sholls »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal