Author Topic: Time to go I think  (Read 7674 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Time to go I think
« on: October 16, 2009, 20:49:59 »
ceres
Global Moderator
Hectare

View Gallery

Re: HES BACK
« Reply #34 on: Today at 20:26:44 » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this thread has now run it's course.

Report to moderator    Logged 

At the whim of a Mod we have been censored

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: Time to go I think
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 20:52:12 »
You off?  By then.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 21:25:18 »
'I think this thread has now run it's course.'

I've not read it - or much else recently - but with punctuation like that I can understand your need to leave. ;)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 11:59:03 »

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 12:08:48 »
I'm glad that thread was stopped, and I thought Diggeroo's comtribution was most timely.

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 12:24:28 »
Don't say I didn't warn you.

You tinpot mods cannot censor people who have no intention of being censored and should bear in mind that if only a dozen key players left, 2-300 regulars would also get fed up and leave. This in turn would lead to each post being answered by a mod whose words cannot be challenged. Death of the forum.

Brilliant forums can be broken in only a few months. If Dan cannot be bothered anymore he should sell it off while it still works.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 12:35:03 »
I was watching that thread and I think it had a pretty good run.Surely when it comes to exposing peoples name and address it it going too far
and time to call a halt.   ???

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 12:39:57 »
exactly. Quite what we were supposed to do with it I wouldn't like to think

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 12:44:27 »
I'm glad that thread was stopped, and I thought Diggeroo's comtribution was most timely.

And you're not alone.  A few people were becoming a little uncomfortable with it, myself included and whilst I was umming and ahhhing in my head (as I tend to be a bit of a dilly dally) Ceres solved the matter :) 

If I remember rightly, the exact same thing happened a while back and Dan had to step in with a few words and lock the thread.

You tinpot mods cannot censor people who have no intention of being censored and should bear in mind that if only a dozen key players left, 2-300 regulars would also get fed up and leave. This in turn would lead to each post being answered by a mod whose words cannot be challenged. Death of the forum.

Brilliant forums can be broken in only a few months. If Dan cannot be bothered anymore he should sell it off while it still works.

Overreact much?  ::) :P

Surely when it comes to exposing peoples name and address it it going too far
and time to call a halt.   ???

^^ and this!

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 12:51:43 »
That individual has knowingly made his name, address, work address, job description, qualifications, photos of himself etc... publicly available on the internet. All of which can be found in a few minutes by anyone with internet access. If they make the information available in the first place then linking to it hardly counts as exposing their identity, they have already done that themselves.

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 13:00:32 »
I say a thread has run its course when no one posts anymore.

A forum has run its course when mods start deleting or closing threads willy nilly.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 13:15:41 »
That individual has knowingly made his name, address, work address, job description, qualifications, photos of himself etc... publicly available on the internet. All of which can be found in a few minutes by anyone with internet access. If they make the information available in the first place then linking to it hardly counts as exposing their identity, they have already done that themselves.
that's not right. People here still have their proper emails in their profiles without realising what might happen

what do we need to know his details in the real world for except to cause trouble?

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 13:59:26 »
Try typing your email address or even your name into google, in most instances it reveals little if anything about you. Information about people can usually only be found on the internet if they make it available themelves.
If you do find any information about yourself that you don't want to be publicly available it is possible to get it removed.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 20:05:40 »
from before everything was really digital, if you typed my name in, you got links to pages with scanned documents with my full name. address, phone no and email address. it was very annoying and lasted years. Necessary stuff, but not of my doing
Now they've sorted themselves out, type my name and realise that i'm not a cameraman working on Indian TV, you get the same documents and others in digital format, but if you want to know the (out of date) details about me, you have to pay $14.95. I assume it's the same info. If you were interested enough, you could still find your way to me reasonably easily

• Half Acre
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 20:49:07 »

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 21:53:12 »

Not too sure about that I googled myself a couple of years ago because some one knew something about me that was not general knowledge and I found 72 reports about me. If you are mentioned in a newspaper, magazine ,parish report or similar then you are likely to be on the net.

Try typing your email address or even your name into google, in most instances it reveals little if anything about you. Information about people can usually only be found on the internet if they make it available themelves.
If you do find any information about yourself that you don't want to be publicly available it is possible to get it removed.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 22:02:46 »

Jenny evans was a scary woman. That was the last but one incarnation.
They have  a very well received new cd

here's a fan created video of one of the new songs "(Waiting For You And) England To Return". I think he posted it to the Royal British Legion. Quite moving actually. Actually it's very moving, I have trouble getting to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HpcfEA7yzw

Love and Rhubarb!

Thanks for that "." Cheered me up no end, in a good sad kind of way

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 22:34:54 »

And so do i.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 22:46:05 »

And so do i.
I agree ;D ;D
You couldn't make it up!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 08:55:15 »

And so do i.
I agree ;D ;D

Me too. Weren't we told the new mods were to stamp out fires, like when a crazy ex starts stalking someone, not to prevent publicly available information being quoted?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal