Author Topic: my lottie  (Read 1813 times)

wattapain

• Half Acre
my lottie
« on: October 18, 2004, 14:32:03 »
Hi  - thought I'd better move my post as it seems more appropriate here.
this is today's update (' before' pix in The shed under 'photo')

- 1 facing the railway and
2 with back to railway

Also pulled a few more carrots and turnips - not bad considering we only sowed the seeds in early August

think my camera lens needs cleaning ::)

terri
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 14:36:44 by wattapain »

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
Re:my lottie
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 15:07:54 »
Good, very, verry good. I just love lotties near railways, somehow I feel that that's where they are supposed to be.

Jeez, your carrots went fast, much faster than mine. What type are they? You must have the right soil for them too, they look perfect.

Mothy

• Hectare
  • My 4th season on my Lottie in Leicestershire.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 20:47:02 »
Blimey Wattapain,

What a turnaround from the wilderness in your before photo.
If you've got any tips, please let me know as I'm about to start from scratch!

Tim

wattapain

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 21:55:48 »
Yes it is a bit of a difference, but I don't know if there's any tips I can give you Tim, there's many many more knowledgeable folk on here who will be able to do that much better than me. I'm pretty much a newbie myself and looking to this site to help. I've learnt an awful lot so far, mainly don't try to do too much too soon (always a big fault of mine!!). Another thing is don't start digging an overgrown plot in July & August (as we did!) - it's a bit cooler now and the weeds are not quite so rampant.
To Ina, the carrots we grew are just bog standard 'fly away' - from the local garden centre - though I'm pretty pleased with them. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

One thing I noticed when I was there Monday is the potatoes look a bit sad - could it be blight I wonder - will take a pic next time - I'll be pretty gutted if it is :( ???
Have you got a pic of your plot TimJ? Love to see it.
Terri

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 21:59:07 »
Mouthwateringly good-looking vegis wattapain :P

Well done with the lottie - looks really good, you have worked hard :)

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Mothy

• Hectare
  • My 4th season on my Lottie in Leicestershire.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 22:53:24 »
Hi Wattapain,

I intend to sort out a piccy or two soon. I'm going to clear my dad-in-law's plot as he has been very poorly. I'm hoping it will help him with his recuperation if I do most of the work and rely on him for a bit of help! As you said, I plan to start now that the weeds have slowed a little. I just hope I can make as much difference as you have  :)  

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal