Author Topic: Asbean's pass the parcel  (Read 36725 times)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Asbean's pass the parcel
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2010, 18:44:34 »
I've emailed her. We just have to wait a while.  If she doesn't respond to the email I'll drop her a line.

:-\ :-\ :-\
The Tuscan Beaneater

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2010, 19:36:04 »
fingers crossed, I was hoping for another go round  :-\

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2010, 10:47:01 »
Any news on the seed parcel or Levi??

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2010, 12:55:30 »
No reply to my email, I've sent her a note in the post which she should have got this morning (assuming her postman delivers, unlike ours lol).  I'll give her till Tuesday or Wednesday and if I haven't heard anything then we'll have to assume it's over.  Shame, it was so near the end too.  Five disappointed people who wanted to participate and couldn't, myself who wanted to see how it ended up, 19 people who took the trouble to add more seeds and pass it on promptly, and all those who wanted to see it go round a second time.

We have to wait and see if she responds.  She may have had problems (lots of people do at this time of the year) and we can't judge without knowing the facts.  But it's not the first, others have gone astray in the past, it shouldn't stop other people taking on a parcel.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
The Tuscan Beaneater

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2010, 21:54:23 »
It's all gone quiet on Digeroos parcel too....  :(
Though the postal service at work has been rubbish over X-mas/NY anyway and then the weather happened....

chrisc

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2010, 22:05:43 »
It may resurface soon as long as the last sender put their address on it.  I sent a couple of parcels to my daughters' in Canada but forgot to put the apartment number on.  One was returned to us (it was registered) and the other I expect in about three months time.  A parcel I sent to my sister in Australia was also returned three months later because I forgot to put the house number on.......

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2010, 22:07:42 »
Yeah, that will work - but only if the sender sends it.  :-\ :-\ :-\

Keeping my fingers crossed.
The Tuscan Beaneater

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2010, 22:16:27 »
What I meant to say was if the last sender is anything like me could have left something important off the addres - like house number.  Do swaps go missing often as the parcels are quite large and I couldn't see anyone being able to use that many seeds.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2010, 22:32:13 »
All the addresses sent to me were copied and pasted from the messages.  I also put in a set of labels with FROM on them, so the sender's name and address could be on the package too.
The Tuscan Beaneater

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #229 on: January 09, 2010, 22:49:56 »
A well planned swap and hard to go wrong with a printed list, to and from sticky lables ready printed. In my opinion a really good swap and a shame if others do not see it.

However as Asbean says things sometimes happen.

Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2010, 19:04:33 »
still no news?

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2010, 19:35:24 »
Nope, nothing.

I've tried emailing and letter writing, and no response. So I'm afraid we'll have to consider this package has come to an abrupt halt.

Sorry Anemone, you were next, then Actiongran, Suzanne, Tonybloke, and finally Jokey.  Mpdjulie was going to take it over and send it round a second time.

Well, if miracles happen, she may decide to pass it on and all will be OK.  As Suzanne said, she may have a lot on her plate and it got overlooked.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
The Tuscan Beaneater

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2010, 19:38:54 »
She's not been on the forum since before Xmas, which to me, with my sanguine view of human nature, suggests that something has happened to prevent her from doing so.

jokey

• Half Acre
« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2010, 09:28:29 »
 :'( :'( gutted

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2010, 13:50:22 »
Nope, nothing.

I've tried emailing and letter writing, and no response. So I'm afraid we'll have to consider this package has come to an abrupt halt.

Sorry Anemone, you were next, then Actiongran, Suzanne, Tonybloke, and finally Jokey.  Mpdjulie was going to take it over and send it round a second time.

Well, if miracles happen, she may decide to pass it on and all will be OK.  As Suzanne said, she may have a lot on her plate and it got overlooked.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Has anyone tried googling her name ad address to see if a phone number is kicking around online?

chrisc

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2010, 22:43:26 »
Is there any news on the parcel?
 :)

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2010, 22:52:50 »
Lets be charitable - all I can think of is that something awful has happened in her life that has made the seed swap immaterial at the mo.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2010, 09:52:45 »
 :'( :'( :'(

I hope this doesn't put anyone off starting another swap ... ... ...  ??? ??? ??? ???
The Tuscan Beaneater

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2010, 16:25:11 »
I am quite prepared to take on this seed swap as it seems that we are not going to continue with Asbeans parcel due to it being lost.  I have to admit that I haven't got a lot of seeds to start the swap with, so does anyone have any ideas what I should do?
Julie

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2010, 17:01:49 »
I could send you a few seeds if some others also can contribute a few it would soon make up a parcel.  

This has given me a good idea, I think that if I do a parcel next year I will ask for contributions from people to start it off with.  

I hope Levi is ok.  

My parcel is still on the go and has two or three more to go, would those who missed out with like to be added to my list.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 17:14:01 by Digeroo »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal