Author Topic: Plot holders paying gardeners or builders to work on their plot  (Read 4342 times)

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Plot holders paying gardeners or builders to work on their plot
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 09:56:56 »
Years ago I decided to build a greenhouse on my plot(carpentry and glazing skills -zero)

But I sawed and nailed and used lots of putty--the one thing I did pay for though was for someone to put in the foundation and the breeze blocks for me to attach the thing that passed as a greenhouse.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 10:12:55 »
I got paid for digging someone's plot. it was a *nominal* sum considering the time it took. I only did it because it was/is the best plot on the colony, and I noticed that they'd stopped cultivating half of it. Now I still dig it over in the winter, but I use about a fifth of it. Fair enough

I also tidy up the plot next to mine in the spring. It belongs to someone who gets a bit down in the winter (and the spring .......) first year I actually dug most of it too, then I discovered the b*gger had a rotavator in his garage  ;D

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 13:21:53 »
I was expecting some reaction from Cornkev, but my Polish labourer is over 6 ft tall very strong and very pleasant..... 

You might find squash64 wants to rent him off you (see pumpkin thread elsewhere)..... does he charge extra for working without his shirt on  ;D

chrisc

Can I book him for pumpkin harvest time please?   ;)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 13:32:59 »
I was expecting some reaction from Cornkev, but my Polish labourer is over 6 ft tall very strong and very pleasant..... 

You might find squash64 wants to rent him off you (see pumpkin thread elsewhere)..... does he charge extra for working without his shirt on  ;D

chrisc

Can I book him - he doesn't have to do anything - just take his shirt off.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 13:43:47 »

Can I book him - he doesn't have to do anything - just take his shirt off.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

;D ;D
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 17:56:28 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hee hee, I have visited Poland and can speak a bit of Polish....but all I know how to say are various toasts! Send him over anyway, I'm sure I can find a use for him........ :o ;) ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

motherhen

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 17:46:55 »
WOW - I had no idea about the direction this thread was going to take! :o ;D

Anyway I'm pleased some of you have found ways to 'spice' up your allotmenteering, and thank you very much for a nice broad picture with lots of different opinions about what is seen as acceptable and what not.  Many thanks especially to those who looked up rules on their site/area.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 18:43:21 »
I found him, I am going to keep him all to myself, so there.  ;D ;D ;D  Only joking, seriously, because he doesn't mind doing a bit of hard manual labour, he seems to be getting booked up very fast.  Good luck to him I say.

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 19:07:21 »

If I knew about him before ---   would still have an allotment now !     ;D
Hertfordshire,   south east England

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal