General > RHS Question & Answer

RHS Level 2 Certificate in Horticulture 2009/2010

<< < (3/5) > >>

loulu:
Thanks for your replies betula and Cosmo and Dibs - I love the Champagne in Paris example! (what a good way of remembering).

As part of my course we have to do plant identification each week and are given the names of 10 plants to research. My tutor has advised me (we only have contact by email) that the RHS exam will expect me to give named examples of plants in the answers to my questions. The trouble I have is that already I have a portfolio of over 100 plants and I'm expected to remember the correct botanical name. Not easy for me!

Cosmo and Dibs - looks like our modules are running slightly differently, I am on module 18 now and I've only just covered propagation. How are you finding it? The latter modules have been better for me as they have been less science based - I am not scientifically minded!

I wonder if the course content varies largely depending where we are studying from?

Thanks again for your replies, I appreciate the help.

Loulu 

betula:
That sounds very hard as you don't know what the question will be.

The RHS used to have old exam papers on their web site it may be worth having a look.

All I can say is spend more study time on the subjects you know you are weak on.....that worked for me   :)

loulu:
Thanks betula! I certainly will try to focus on my weaker subjects and I will take a look at the past papers.

Its nice to know that I'm not the only one who has struggled with it.  :)

loulu

Digitalis:
Loulu- My course has twelve modules but there are quite big chapters. I would have preferred to study at a college, but my local one only offered it over 18 months and I couldn't commit to that length.

I'm like you- the science is rather puzzling, but the other stuff like propagation, etc are more enjoyable.

I'm still quite useless at the botanical names, though! Plus, the exam papers on the RHS website have scared me!"

loulu:
LOL Cosmo! Me too! They are a nightmare! I have 20 modules in part 1, and 20 modules in part 2.

Are you doing the exam in February?

Loulu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version