Author Topic: Dirty thieving rotten barstards  (Read 5446 times)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: Dirty thieving rotten barstards
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 20:12:12 »
I went to the lottie after being away for a week and some dirty lowlife, no good thieving shitbag has taken two of my pumpkins that my four year old has been nurturing since day one.
Others on site have had sweetcorn, onions, spuds, carrots, caulies and cabbages stolen.
If they'd taken any of these off of my plot I wouldn't be so bothered but I've had to tell her that I'm storing them in my shed, they left one behind but it was slightly damaged so I have put this one in my shed.
Is there anything I can do to seal the damage, will it seal itself or is it doomed and I have to buy one at Halloween.
 >:( >:( >:(

I would have been spitting venom like Corny thieving shits, but because of the press coverage  and every other report on local telly about allotments and what fun it is to grow your own until some barstool nicks it personally I think there is more of this  to come up and down the country,

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 20:10:46 »
Well this is the update, Ive just met up with Borlotti and she's very kindly given me a massive Pumpkin and her friend Manuel has given me another, so again I would like to thank Borlotti and as we knew already what great people allotment holders are.  Cheers Borlotti   :-*       ;D ;D ;D
PS.   my backs giving me some right jip carrying them indoors.    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 20:18:32 »
Cornykev that's terrific! I bet that Borlotti was well relieved pleased to give you hers!
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 20:46:34 »
Nearly forgot Tonybloke thanks for the offer but I can't see me getting home from Yarmouth with a pumpkin still intacted, still waiting for my mate to tell us the exact date as he's gone away so we are in the dark at tjhe moment, it will be early Oct though.     ;D ;D ;D

archiesdad

• Not So New ...
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 20:54:49 »
Happened to me and my little boy Archie last year - he couldn't understand why half of our pumpkins were broken into pieces.

Still, half of them were not damaged, made good lanterns out of them + some spicy soup.

:)

Sholls

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 20:58:42 »
Good news on securing some replacements. :D Hopefully the little 'un won't notice the switcheroo...

What's the plan for next year, a bear pit around the pumpkin patch? :(

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 21:07:45 »
Three cheers for borlotti (and manuel).  I'm sure you've made a little person very happy.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 16:19:24 »
Yeah a happy ending  to the story :D
You'll have to make sure you post some pics of the lantern!

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 23:20:14 »
Nearly forgot Tonybloke thanks for the offer but I can't see me getting home from Yarmouth with a pumpkin still intacted, still waiting for my mate to tell us the exact date as he's gone away so we are in the dark at tjhe moment, it will be early Oct though.     ;D ;D ;D
so, a few beers with the king or corn in early october it is!! ;D ;D ;D
You couldn't make it up!

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 19:23:11 »
I should be in the town Saturday afternoon on the 26th of this month, in the pub at the end of the market, I can't remember what it's called though.     ???        ;D ;D ;D ;D

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 20:59:27 »
that'll be the gallon pot, then!! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 19:15:00 »
Well an update, the damaged Pumpkin has not healed itself, the rot has gone from the size of a fifty pence to egg size, so we will be having soup with this one.
The one Borlotti's friend Manuel gave us has already be souped, will the shell keep and in what conditions until halloween, I was saving this but the OH had other ideas.
Borlotti's one will be taken down to my club and we are going to do a guess the weight for charity, pound a go sounds about right.
Others on site had quite a few bits go missing, they reported it to the council and the community plods but I might as well have told the brick wall. 
 :( :( :(

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 20:26:24 »
I know what you mean about telling a brick wall. Sorry to hear about your pumpkins.

Surely the main suspects for the theft and damage mentioned in Flighty's link would have to be those entering in the same categories  in the show?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal