Author Topic: Celeriac  (Read 1597 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Celeriac
« on: October 12, 2004, 12:48:11 »
Okay, following on from what seems like lots of celeriac based threads by yours truely, just wondered, they are now anything from tennis ball to....well, bigger than a tennis ball!  Can they stay in, like 'snips, and just pulled as I want them, or better to get them out?  If out, how's best to store them??

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re:Celeriac
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 12:58:50 »
EJ, my book says earth up late Autmn and protect with straw during winter. Harvest as required from late summer through to spring.
Glad you asked, as was wondering what to do with mine! DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 13:50:30 »
they will be fine left in the ground. Unless you get really hard frosts your way-like the North Pole ;).

Had the first ones of the new season last night.

Stephan

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 18:29:14 »
Mine don't seem to be doing anything much - not tennis ball size yet either - but guess I'll just leave them to get on with it and check their growth as I thought it was too late for them until I read this thread. Will give them some protection when frosts start.  Fingers crossed again
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 18:49:19 »
Excellent news.  I shall use them biggest first and leave the babies.  I saw a good recipe for celeriac and beetroot dauphanois (or however you spell it) so another possible Christmas dinner dish!  (Tis me showing off as my Nan and Gramps (who is my gardening god) are spending Christmas day with my mum for the first time ever, and I am supplying all the veggies!)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal