Author Topic: Butternut Squash!  (Read 4388 times)

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
Re:Butternut Squash!
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 10:57:54 »
Yuetlee, thanks for your help, but what I'm after is very different to your picture. Nice healthy looking plant though.

What I'm after is definitely a pumpkin, orange flesh and all that, but with a blue-grey skin. There's one sitting between the 2 seats in EJ's photo.

'Jarrahdale' is a variety like that, but the good news for me is that Kings Seeds does a 'Queensland Blue' which to my knowledge is very similair - that's what all the ones in the supermarket back at home are called.

It's probably a lot of pointless obsession on my part, but I expect you know what it's like to miss something from home and not be able to get it here.

Sounds like it's ok to bring seeds in to the country though  :)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Yuet_Lee

• Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2004, 19:05:07 »
I know how it feel when you eat your home vegs. I missed a lot of them vegs when I were there. I ate a load of it. Troubles I can't grow them here because weather are not hot enough to grow them.

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2004, 12:10:30 »
Moggle,

There are rules on importing seed see www.defra.gov.uk/planth/impexp.htm - when it comes back up!!

Phil

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2004, 22:40:10 »
Yuet, I consider myself lucky, the queensland blue/jarrahdale pumpkin should grow perfectly well over here.

Thanks for that link phil, I will give it a look when my brain feels like it's working.  :)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2004, 20:04:53 »
I go away for the weekend and come back and becky has swapped my pumpkin for flowers :o
The florist saw it and WANTED it :-X

So it is now on display as a gimmick to sell his "small" ones, looks good though,better than sitting in my garage...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal