Author Topic: Back from hols!  (Read 738 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Back from hols!
« on: August 22, 2009, 20:27:54 »
Just back from 2 scorching weeks in France. For some reason only today's unread threads came up, but probably just as well as it would have taken me another week to catch up. Hope I haven't missed anything too important. ;D
My son was supposed to be looking after things while we were away. So far I have found out that my neighbour watered the tomatoes because she hadn't seen him around, the pots here are all bone dry and he has left one huge marrow in the kitchen. I'm slightlydreading going to the plot tomorrow!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Back from hols!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:52:06 »
Glad the weather was good. Hope the pots survive and you don't get too many shocks at the plot, only consolation is that after a great holiday you will be nicely refreshed to tackle anything ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:01:54 »
Hope the weeds havent grown too much
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 09:02:30 »
Welcome back... hope you had a great time..  :)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 10:00:07 »
No matter how well my plot is looked after I will never get tomatoes the size of those I saw in France. Having said that,all the fruit we bought, whether on markets or in supermarkets , was very disappointing this year- nectarines, pears and apples all tasteless. :( And expensive now with the state of the pound compared to 5 years ago when we were last there. But we did have a great time- lovely countryside and lots of lakes and rivers for swimming and canoeing.Back to the washing now!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal