Author Topic: Shallots...  (Read 1988 times)

qahtan

• Hectare
  • Niagara Peninsula, ontario,,, canada.
Shallots...
« on: August 19, 2009, 20:33:30 »

Hi, Although I am in the Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada, I still like to keep up with whats growing "back home" London and Sussex. And thought some of you may like to know what we grow here.
 My husband has just harvested 22 lb shallots, best ever this year, may be due to this weather we have been having.

Apricots we had 8 x 11 quart baskets, not as good as most years but still good.  I tried to post pictures but didn't have any luck with that..   ;-)))
 qahtan

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Shallots...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 20:44:42 »
Hiya, qahtan, welcome to the site  ;D
got rellies in oakville, ontario..
sounds like your harvest is well underway..we've had 20lbs of shallots this year, plus the same of pickling onions, that's a lot of pickles  ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 20:49:27 »
Welcome to A4A qahtan... I have an aunt in Canada... but she remarried to an Italian so spends 6 months in each country... you don't need to be a genius to work out which...   ;D

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 20:55:47 »
Qahtan a warm welcome to A4A!
I wish I could grow apricots , especially in that quantity!
Posting pictures here seems to be a problem for lots of people, perhaps this thread will help -
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,54265.0.html
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 20:11:05 »
Hi Qahtan and welcome, I have no relatives in Canada, but was once chased by some very irate wild pregnant Canadian Geese.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

qahtan

• Hectare
Re: Shallots... Canada Geese
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 20:56:04 »

Yes our Geese can really get agressive, but they are really beautiful. Did you know they fly in formation, like a V, and the lead goose changes every so often.
 We live very close to Lake Ontario, and every morning about  dawn  a flock of Canada Geese fly right over our house quite  low heading to another part of the lake.
 They are so noisy all squarking or as Gerry and I say all talking at once, and then day over, at dusk they all fly back still talking......  qahtan

qahtan

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 21:44:21 »

Pregnant Canada geese?????. They lay eggs;-)) ;-))) ;-)))) qahtan

Hi Qahtan and welcome, I have no relatives in Canada, but was once chased by some very irate wild pregnant Canadian Geese.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal