Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU EAT FROM YOUR ALLOTMENT TODAY?  (Read 262169 times)

GRACELAND

• Hectare
Re: WHAT DID YOU EAT FROM YOUR ALLOTMENT TODAY?
« Reply #1120 on: July 04, 2011, 16:43:05 »
New potatoes,  and beetroot , courgette
i don't belive death is the end

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #1121 on: July 04, 2011, 17:26:06 »
Lifted some second early/salad potatoes Charlotte. Size and and yield good, looked great and tasted better.
Picked lots more, and ate some, broad beans Witkiem Manita
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

luckycharlie

• Acre
« Reply #1122 on: July 04, 2011, 19:18:36 »
   New potatoes, cauli and a few peas.

My 3 year old grandson loves it when we dig the potatoes up he keeps shouting " We've got treasure"!!!!

Wonder what the other allotment people think we are doing!!!

X Chas
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 19:20:33 by luckycharlie »

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #1123 on: July 04, 2011, 19:35:04 »
Chas I had a very excited phone call last night. Well more of a boast ;) really about all that had been eaten from the lotty round the corner from you ;) ;D. She loves filling her trug & taking her treasure home for the family. Little one wanted to take some 'next door' so of she went. A voice shouted 'mum, which next door?' She was told Ruth & Rog. She said ' I'm on the right path then' ;D.

Uncle_Filthster

• Half Acre
« Reply #1124 on: July 05, 2011, 01:19:48 »
Peas (gorgeous), peppers, carrots, lettuce, raspberries, worcesterberry, blackcurrants, courgette flower.  I forgot to pull an onion but did use thyme, rosemary and garlic.

Hopefully a few courgettes by the weekend too

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #1125 on: July 05, 2011, 08:04:37 »
Alpine strawberries mmm...gooseberries mmm..and few cherries are still left on tree too, yum....raspberries..raspberries..strawberry..ohh..ripe plum..raspberries, peas (yum lovely)..'munch, munch'...bit of cauli..'cruch'..lettuce...raspberries..raspberries..tomato!..mm..lovely..few red currants.."i wonder if green blackcurrants are ready?.. YES..mm so sweet" ;D"huh..getting full now..I better go and get kettle on now..and then is time to make some dinner.." ;D ;D
And dinner was rapberries with yoghurt.. ::) ;D
Should really change the heading as "my day at the allotment".. ;D
I did sniff some apples too..but they are not ready for another 4 weeks yet..won't be long! ;)
Why do they call me fruit lady at the lottie?...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:09:54 by goodlife »

luckycharlie

• Acre
« Reply #1126 on: July 05, 2011, 08:13:20 »
Chas I had a very excited phone call last night. Well more of a boast ;) really about all that had been eaten from the lotty round the corner from you ;) ;D. She loves filling her trug & taking her treasure home for the family. Little one wanted to take some 'next door' so of she went. A voice shouted 'mum, which next door?' She was told Ruth & Rog. She said ' I'm on the right path then' ;D.

Hi Grannyjanny,

they are so cute when they are small. Tell your daughter to look at my granchildrens' garden  they are growing bits of everything!!! All mixed up together.  lol

X Chas

Dandytown

• Hectare
    • Pumpkins Growing Diary
« Reply #1127 on: July 05, 2011, 10:32:01 »
Plums!  How lucky you are Goodlife!  Mine have a long way to go but boy is the wait worth it!

I have been eating beetroot, roasted with olive oil and balsamic vinegar with melted goats cheese on top and on think toasted farmhouse bread.   I must say that a visit to the bathroom the day after the beetroot gave me a hell of a fright until I remembered what I had eaten.

Also been eating cauliflower cheese with my ALR's.   Delish

Gadget

• Acre
  • Getting dug in, Hertford
« Reply #1128 on: July 05, 2011, 13:34:30 »
courgette and mint salad just posted the recipe on the recipe site ;)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #1129 on: July 07, 2011, 19:54:07 »
Tonight we had Lamb chops with Caulie, Broccoli, Turnip, Peas, Carrots also Shallots and Beetroot, now I have wind, :)

Uncle_Filthster

• Half Acre
« Reply #1130 on: July 08, 2011, 01:31:50 »
Broad beans, more peas!, a dinky kohl rabi, gold rush courgette, tondo di nizza courgette, glen prosen and goldrush? raspberries and a few worcesterberries.

The resident blackbirds and song thrush have eaten most of the worcesterberrries, which I was going to pick this weekend, little buggers!  :D

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #1131 on: July 09, 2011, 20:56:49 »
Chard, garlic and Charlotte potatoes. 

All my salad potatoes seem to fall apart on cooking this year.  Anybody else have this problem?  They should be waxy and firm.   ???  I guess it may be due to our very dry spring?

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #1132 on: July 09, 2011, 21:03:05 »
All my salad potatoes seem to fall apart on cooking this year.  Anybody else have this problem?  They should be waxy and firm.   

Yes I've the same problem with Nicola which is 50% Charlotte. Very disappointing but perhaps they'll improve now the rain has arrived. That is if the blight doesn't catch them first....

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #1133 on: July 09, 2011, 21:39:53 »
Now that you mentioned..half of my charlotta's broke in steamer..I thought it was just me..
well..had also some garlic..raspberries..plums..tomatoes..peas..pea pods..strawberries..little nible of apple (wasn't quite ready yet..)
Tomorrow will be stir fry day..loads of veg to get through.. ;D

willsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #1134 on: July 09, 2011, 22:00:06 »
Peas,Peas,and more peas. I posted on facebook to my grandaughter that this year she had missed the 1st of the peas. To say the least she was not impressed that her Grandma had eaten them this year. Others... Potatoes, strawberries, raspberries,onions, courgettes,beetroot,beans,shallots, peppers. hopefully lots more to come. Enjoy everyone.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #1135 on: August 14, 2011, 17:55:15 »
Caught some mackerel today so a bit of homegrown salad and plum crumble to follow. Nice bottle of wine. Sitting back now looking forward to a nice malt and a cigar.

I wonder what the poor people are doing tonight.

non-stick

• Half Acre
« Reply #1136 on: August 14, 2011, 23:10:59 »
Plums!  How lucky you are Goodlife!  Mine have a long way to go but boy is the wait worth it!

I have been eating beetroot, roasted with olive oil and balsamic vinegar with melted goats cheese on top and on think toasted farmhouse bread.   I must say that a visit to the bathroom the day after the beetroot gave me a hell of a fright until I remembered what I had eaten.

Also been eating cauliflower cheese with my ALR's.   Delish

Ah the beetroot scare - given me a few scares in the past (at my age)

Yesterday I roasted Tomatoes, Garlic, Beetroot, Carrots, Onion and Courgetted with Chicken and Parma Ham. Bit of balsamic and olive oil yum. Followed by raspberry "eton mess". Today we had Pork cassarole (garlic, onions, carrots and apples with green beans and cabbage,

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #1137 on: August 14, 2011, 23:27:12 »
yesterday: potatoes, broad beans and peas.
today:  onions and garlic

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #1138 on: August 14, 2011, 23:34:28 »
BLAUHILDE beans.......
Desiree potatoes......
Courgettes fried with chopped bacon.
Some blackberries on the plot.
 ;D
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #1139 on: August 15, 2011, 05:06:02 »
My roasties, swede and runners with my roast beef.    :D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal