Author Topic: Blight  (Read 11210 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Blight
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2009, 17:02:22 »
Just had a SMS and email from B/watch for SO22 and SO23.  First we've had this year (no full smith period till today) although there is already blight on the site.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

If you already had blight then it had stayed there since last summer probably....

BTW blight can afflict Deadly and Woody nightshade and they could provide a wild resevoir for the disease, though not one that anyone would miss I wouldn't have thought....

chrisc

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2009, 17:12:37 »
Our areas are GL7, 54 & 56.

OX 7 & 18.

amphibian

« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2009, 20:20:48 »
I'll take myself off the blight list, 48hrs on there is no serious progression, so the foliar disease is not blight. My plants are far from happy, but it ain't late blight. I've had some mould of some nature this year, not grey mold, not fast progressing, but takes a leaf eventually, just seems to have upped its tempo a little.

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2009, 20:31:29 »
North Sussex here - left hand plot facing North, lost all my Sweet Million plants, right hand plot not 10 yards away, the BBC Dig In Gardener's Delight, not a trace.....yet  ???

Nothing on the tats either.

Linda

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2009, 15:49:39 »
BTW blight can afflict Deadly and Woody nightshade and they could provide a wild resevoir for the disease, though not one that anyone would miss I wouldn't have thought....

chrisc

I used to have  woody nightshade flourishing in my hedge. With the annual outbreaks of blight, it's long gone.

Mullein

• Not So New ...
    • Hedgerow Hippy
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2009, 17:56:47 »
In a chat elsewhere about powdery mildew, the following info came up:

You can control mildew with a spray of 1/3 or 1/4 milk (skim works fine) to water. Easy spray, obviously non-toxic on food plants and herbs. Powdered milk is a cheaper way if you have a lot to do. It seems to kill early blight on tomatoes, botrytis blight on peonies, black spot and rust on roses and?other unknown fungus diseases. And of course initially it was found to be effective in killing powdery mildew.

"It seems to kill early blight on tomatoes" - any thoughts anyone?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2009, 18:02:39 »
Too late was the cry... maybe give it a go next year...  :'(

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2009, 18:45:02 »
my greenhouse at the allotment has succumbed to the blight, but my outdoor tom's are still all clear!? (other side of a raspberry hedge) The tom's at home in glasshouse are still clear, but we don't usually get blight at home, 'cos no surrounding spud growers to infect the tom's.
You couldn't make it up!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal