Author Topic: Thought for the Day  (Read 2052 times)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: Thought for the Day
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 09:04:45 »
I love thought for the day - the vicar of Putney is certainly far from conventional ("I regard being gay as a gift from God" is certainly not mainstream...) blokey from the Iona community is generally insightful and whatsisname Singh is very peaceful.

I suppose they could open it up to humanists, although it depends on how they use it. I'd rather not listen to the ones who campaign against religion... they're so dull, Live & let live. But if they wish to provide a humanist perspective on how we can live a slightly better life, then it must be a good thing surely?

Once went to a humanist "Christening" (called a naming ceremony) & it was astonishingly dull.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 09:08:18 »
I also like Lionel Blue, his stories often make me smile. Some of the others are truly grim but I just tune out.......

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 09:22:40 »
I wish the beeb would drop the god slot every morning, if folk want it, they can go to church.  ;)

I love this idea.  Personally, I can't stand soap operas, sports news, and rock music.

If folk want the Archers, they can go and stay on a farm.

If they want to know the sports results, they can go watch the match.

If they want to listen to boogie woogie, they can go to a rock festival.

A bit more of this and we'll soon free up the radio spectrum completely!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 09:37:18 »
Wouldn't that be Bliss... it is only about a century since we all had peace and quiet!!  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal