Author Topic: Forum suggestion  (Read 1337 times)

JimmyJames

• Half Acre
  • Portsmouth, Hants
Forum suggestion
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:34:16 »
Hi all,
I have just moved house (from a flat with no garden) and have a jungle to tackle once the unpacking is completed.
I hope the allotment doesnt suffer as a result :s

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for good gardening forums?  I love the atmosphere here at A4A, so something similar would be ideal.

Alternatively,  could I use this section of the forum to ask a few questions?

Mainly what I will be after are ID's for a few of the shrubs, and a bit of advice on when/how to prune.

Some of the shrubs are huge and will need quite a brutal hack back,  but I would rather not kill them off!

So,  is this site good to use for gardening advice,  or should I look for an alternative?

Thanks
James
http://www.hatchingaplot.blogspot.com/   (seemed like a good idea,  but sadly not updated for many moons!)

banshee

• Half Acre
  • Watched over by Nya
Re: Forum suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:46:22 »
Hi JimmyJames,

You need look no further for advice as this forum is brilliant. The people on here are very knowledgable, friendly and very willing to offer advice on any topic concerning allotments, gardens and other things. Everyone form novices through to those with many years experience use these boards, take a mooch through them and you will see the great advice given on hundreds of different topics.
Feel free to post your questions, I'm sure someone will be more than able to help you.

Congratulations on your move and welcome  ;D

Little garden plot, tended by faeiries, eaten by snails............

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 10:58:01 »
You're in the right place Jimmy ;). All you need is here. Hope it's not to long before you join us so hurry up with unpacking ;D.

JimmyJames

• Half Acre
  • Portsmouth, Hants
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 09:15:51 »
Thanks for the replies (and sorry for the dealyed response - no internet at home yet :(   )

I have posted many a question here about my allotment, and its good to know I can post general gardening questions too!
http://www.hatchingaplot.blogspot.com/   (seemed like a good idea,  but sadly not updated for many moons!)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 19:12:24 »
If you're talking about non-edible plants,just put your questions in the non-edible forum! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal