Author Topic: Space in garden, lots of it this year, what can I sow NOW!! :)  (Read 994 times)

springbok

• Hectare
After digging up the onions and losing all my broc and cabbages to bugs, I have tons of space sitting in my veg plot in the garden with nothing in it.

Is there anything that I can sow now.... I dont want anymore lettuce or raddishes :) :)

Love to grow something different..

Thanks.

little pud

• Half Acre
u could try turnips, Japanese kale, carrots, spring onions, check out a few seed catalogues and they will say wot can be grown now. i too lost 60+ cabbages, brussels and broccoli to bloody rabbits at my plot, 4 of us got 2gether and put a rabbit fence around our plots, 100m of the stuff anyway good luck with yours.  ;D

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Hi
I'm doing some more Pak Choi and Oriental veg, I have some later variety spinach, chard and more fennel to sow
I guess it depends on what you like  :)

GodfreyRob

• Acre
  • Good Boy!
    • The VGA Live!
Yesterday I sowed Broad Beans (The Sutton) as have read you can sow them from March - July. I pre-soaked them for a couple of hours before sowing - might speed them along a bit.
You might also find some garden centres or seedling suppliers have larger plants to go outside immediately (like tomatoes, various squash, ridge cucumbers, etc).  They grow so fast this time of year that you can still get a decent crop from them.
Software for Vegetable Growers:
The VGA Live!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
we've put more beetroot, kohl rabi, turnips and long purple radish in, just to fill spaces, also, 2 of the brassica-to-be beds have a green manure on  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal