Author Topic: How are your chillies doing this year?  (Read 7187 times)

staris

• Acre
Re: How are your chillies doing this year?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 20:19:43 »
some of mine are doing well, appache, f1, bolivian rainbow, others i'm struggling with ,i've got some dorset nagas which have only just started to flower.
the one i'm having the most trouble with is cherry chilli i'm getting plenty of fruit but most seem to be rotting around the stalk and dropping off any ideas as to what i might be doing wrong, some kind of watering issue maybe?

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 08:28:57 »
Plot 1 of 3

amphibian

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 22:02:41 »
Mine are outside in the ground without cover, they are doing well and a few nibbles of green ones has confirmed plenty of heat. They all very bushy this year and loaded with fruit despite the cold damp weather. They look to be the healthiest I've ever grown, no leaf curl, no wilt, no necrosis, no BER, no bloom drop, no aphids, no viruses, just big healthy bushy green plants. Only plant that is not doing well is a C. Chinense but no surprises there, it's healthy and leafy, but has only set two fruits so far.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 06:47:33 »
My outdoor green chilli and cayene are all ripening up nicely and the Thai ones have just started to fruit  :) . Think I'll bring the Thai chillies in for winter and see how they do next year

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal