Author Topic: Tomato leaf disease.  (Read 3920 times)

amphibian

Tomato leaf disease.
« on: July 08, 2009, 19:34:56 »
This has appeared suddenly, well since I last looked on Monday, on three of my tomato plants, all adjacent to one another. It is present on leaves of all ages, stems are clear of any disease but some flowers are dropping, but may be due to poor pollination. Pictures of overside and underside.

Opinions?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 20:00:13 by amphibian »

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Tomato leaf disease.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 21:28:02 »
Any sign of any insects/aphids?

Gx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

amphibian

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 22:20:48 »
Any sign of any insects/aphids?

Gx

Yeah, there are a minimal number of aphids and black fly, literally just a few here and there, they seem more interested in the cleavers that grows in the fence behind. There are no infested leaves, no colonies in the folded areas, or anything that would constitute an infestation.

There are two aphids visible in the picture of the underside.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 22:25:01 by amphibian »

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 22:31:32 »
Se if you can find some pictures of tomato leaf mold, i think thats about as close as i can get.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

amphibian

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 12:20:34 »
Se if you can find some pictures of tomato leaf mold, i think thats about as close as i can get.

Yeah, close but doesn't quite look like this.

Ah well, I'll keep an eye on the blighters and report back.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 12:35:02 »
Amphibian,
Just wondering whether this could be a leafminer, as it shows the characteristics of their traits.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 13:40:36 »
Try holding a leaf up to the light. If it's leafminers you should be able to see them inside the leaf.

amphibian

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 13:42:39 »
Try holding a leaf up to the light. If it's leafminers you should be able to see them inside the leaf.

Nothing visible. I have been out and stripped all affected foliage. No sign of any spread since yesterday.

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 15:08:08 »
there was a thread recently in connection to warering chillies and tomatoes and cucerbits  was suggested that adding milk to the water at a ratio of 7-1 would have a advantage to preventing disease
i have done a check on A$A this is not the first organic method of milk was previously suggested in 2004 this link will give some fore information for you http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,52880.0.html   

I will add i have tried this on one tomato plant this year with simular problem as above i have myself seen a result allready from the milk foilage has gone a lush green and the infected area is healing itself without the need to cut the damage foilage of i separated the watering program from other plants to identfy the results
all i can say it seems to be working for me could be a cobination of weather change but the milk in my opionion has made a difference 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 15:14:55 by daileg »

midnightvelvet

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 22:43:09 »
there was a thread recently in connection to warering chillies and tomatoes and cucerbits  was suggested that adding milk to the water at a ratio of 7-1 would have a advantage to preventing disease
i have done a check on A$A this is not the first organic method of milk was previously suggested in 2004 this link will give some fore information for you http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,52880.0.html   

I will add i have tried this on one tomato plant this year with simular problem as above i have myself seen a result allready from the milk foilage has gone a lush green and the infected area is healing itself without the need to cut the damage foilage of i separated the watering program from other plants to identfy the results
all i can say it seems to be working for me could be a cobination of weather change but the milk in my opionion has made a difference 

That's me on the way to the greenhouse with the milk bottle then!  ;D ;D

One of my tomato plants which I put in the porch suddenly developed blossom end rot on the half a dozen fruits it had, so having looked up the cause and cure,, I now feed more and check watering needs.  I hope to report that this has cured the problem!!  ::) ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal