Author Topic: Warning letter being sent  (Read 5826 times)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: Warning letter being sent
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 21:42:33 »
Hi Maggie, sorry to be harsh, but in my book it's very bad manners to dump weeds, because at some point someone will probably have to clean it up, and on my site that's quite likely to be me.  I understand about tyrant stewards, and I think everyon has a moral duty to flout unjust rules - I certainly do - it's just I believe this is a good rule.  Sorry.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 16:52:12 »
Maggie

Not taking a total "pop" at you - but even if half the allotment dump their rubbixh on this patch - it still isn't "right".

Hopefully you will be able to sort out your lot and peace and harmony will return!

Old Bird

;)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 18:44:42 »
Don't waste your weeds. Compost them, or drown them and use the tea.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 21:11:35 »
Maggie

Not taking a total "pop" at you - but even if half the allotment dump their rubbixh on this patch - it still isn't "right".

Hopefully you will be able to sort out your lot and peace and harmony will return!

Old Bird ;)
I'm ever hopeful Old Bird  ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 21:17:12 »
Don't waste your weeds. . drown them and use the tea.
Is that all weeds Robert, or selected?....and I wonder if that is what the odd bodd who appeared on our site yesterday and went from overrun plot to overrun plot picking the weeds was doing. By the time I'd nearly caught up with him he was through the gate and I was too hot and tired to bother persuing him.
Smile, it confuses people.

lightyears

• Quarter Acre
    • Holmesphotographic
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 23:09:08 »
Nice to see some people getting results. in norwich the allotments officer is a typical civil servant who takes her budget much more seriously than her customers. its all about money to her. no action is ever taken against anyone for anything due to this

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 15:32:19 »
Is that all weeds Robert, or selected?....

All of them. I don't waste organic matter; I throw nothing away, and the only thing I burn is hedge trimmings. The worst that can happen is that it might take a couple of years to rot down.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal