Author Topic: Does anyone else suffer  (Read 660 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Does anyone else suffer
« on: June 30, 2009, 07:34:12 »
This could be in pests & diseases ;D. Does anyone suffer from a condition known as trigger finger or thumb. Both my thumbs have started to lock on me, the left one is so painful I yell out every time it happens. I have looked on the net & it says steroid injections help, which I can't have as I have ME. The other option is surgery which I would avoid like the plague.
Has anyone tried alternatives & have they helped?

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
Re: Does anyone else suffer
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:24:33 »
It occasionally happens to the third finger on my right hand.
It's not painful so I put up with it, especially as both steroid injections and surgery are a complete no-no!
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 09:21:12 »
My OH had it on two fingers of his right hand. The fingers were locked up in the mornings and took till late morning to unlock, and were very painful to unlock.  People must have wondered about his funny handshake  :o :o :o

It was diagnosed as trigger finger and he had it fixed in a bupa hospital (as he had private cover). He was in overnight, probably didn't need to be in at all, but it's all money, isn't it lol.  I think they scraped out the tendon sheaths or something, a cut at the base of each finger.  He had his hand bandaged and arm in a sling for a few days, the stitches out after a week and absolutely no problems thereafter. 
The Tuscan Beaneater

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:30:53 »
Thanks asbean. That doesn't  sound to bad. I had an op for it years ago & it turned out not to be trigger finger. It was a trapped ulna nerve but I think this time it is. I will see what the doctor says next week. I am taking MSM to see if that will help.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal