Author Topic: Aminopyralid Review Meeting Action Please  (Read 13040 times)

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
Re: Aminopyralid Review Meeting Action Please
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 21:49:44 »
Ah, yes. Let me just point out  first that most of us do not buy our manure. It is a free resource but sometimes transport has to be paid for.

As to using the manure, I'm sure that there are many areas that have lovely soil that do not really need manure but anyone working on heavy clay will know how quickly the soil turns to concrete without vast amounts of added humus. Horse manure is ideal because it is both free and low in fertilizers and therefore can be applied in large quantities.

Compost will work but there is an inherent problem of space required to produce it, never mind sourcing suitable ingredients. My compost factory occupies about one pole of my precious space and that would need to be increased 5 fold to come close to competing with the manure I use.

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2009, 00:14:36 »
Signed it (again).
Blessed with a mountain of neat 4 - 5 yr. old rotted horse poo, self collected.
Suffered in 2007 from the dreaded! Sorted it (not difficult if you have the ground).
This year's produce has been the best in 31 years!
Looking forward to the next 5 years. Looking forward to the demise of DowAgro!
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 06:56:22 »
I am on gravel and the nutrients drain through its like growing on a sieve.  Manure comes free.  98% of it is fine there are only very small pockets of problems.  Yes we will have to do without it but why should we have to?

We should not allow Dow to poison our world.  It has been demonstrated just how damaging the stuff is.  It should not be brought back. 

What is going to happen to all the contaminated manure.  Muck is spread on top of the soil.  I know we get the smell of it.  So it will not breakdown in the soil. 

It is not just our allotments and gardens that are being poisoned it is our world.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal