Author Topic: Scarecrow Competition  (Read 2406 times)

ODD

• Not So New ...
Scarecrow Competition
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:17:34 »
We organising another Scarecrow Competition after last years successful event and have introduced a system whereby entries can be accepted from outside the village with scarecrows brought to and displayed on the Allotment site.

Entry Forms can be downloaded from the EAGS website (eagsociety.co.cc ) . photos of last years event are also on the website. Details of how to submit your entry and the judging are on the form itself.

The event is organised as part of National Allotment Week (organised by National Allotment Gardens Trust) the Ellistown Allotment Site will be open to the public from  1.00pm – 4.00pm.  Prizes will be presented 4pm at the New Ellistown Hotel.
We would welcome Allotment 4 All members to participate in the event or just visit the site.
A Leicestershire Master Composter will also be available to offer advice.

ODD

• Not So New ...
Re: Scarecrow Competition
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 16:03:56 »
The normal scarecrows on our allotment have been attracting is attracting some interest from the wrong people. Three of them were vandalised at the weekend. We  are now concerned that those that are made for our competition on the 15th August might also be vandalised. Have any fellow allotmenteers had problems with vandalism of scarecrows particularly in advance of festivals or competitions?

We organising another Scarecrow Competition after last years successful event and have introduced a system whereby entries can be accepted from outside the village with scarecrows brought to and displayed on the Allotment site.

Entry Forms can be downloaded from the EAGS website (eagsociety.co.cc ) . photos of last years event are also on the website. Details of how to submit your entry and the judging are on the form itself.

The event is organised as part of National Allotment Week (organised by National Allotment Gardens Trust) the Ellistown Allotment Site will be open to the public from 1.00pm – 4.00pm.  Prizes will be presented 4pm at the New Ellistown Hotel.
We would welcome Allotment 4 All members to participate in the event or just visit the site.
A Leicestershire Master Composter will also be available to offer advice.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 15:04:36 »
We are having our fifth scarecrow competition this year. Judging will be at the end of the month so that visitors to our Summer Fayre on August 15th will be able to see the prizewinners.

Sorry to hear about your problem with vandalism, it's such a shame after all the work that goes into making them.

We have never had any scarecrows vandalised in the past, they are probably so scary that they frighten people off.   ;)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 15:08:42 »
Tried to look at your website, ODD, but can't find it.Can you post a proper link?

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 19:33:25 »
I always fancied doing a 'Grim Reaper' type one with a skeleton face and a large scythe....might be pretty scary! I saw a photo of a Cyberman scarecrow (the 'proper' original 1960's type ones) and it scared the bejesus out of me!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 19:44:04 »
Youre just bloomin wierd Deb ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

cornykev