Author Topic: hurray,  (Read 1967 times)

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
hurray,
« on: June 26, 2009, 10:30:41 »
we have just been told we can have the other half of our plot. roll on next year  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Old bird

• Hectare
Re: hurray,
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 10:32:06 »
Brilliant news!

When do you take over?  Now or in winter?

Good luck with it!

O B

:D

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 10:45:03 »
we took over the first half in April ( wish i took some photos ). we completely cleared it and its now full of various veg etc. the other half was still being used by previous owner as he had already planted his early spuds. but he has moved house and been given another plot in his new area. he has started digging up half of them and we were waiting for confirmation from the council that we could have it. he was a lovely guy but a bit of a hoarder and never threw anything away, well in a bin  ;D. so alot of clearing to do again but it will be worth it.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:24:03 »
Well Done! I remember when we got our second plot we'd been waiting and watching for months as the plot next to ours never really got going, I kept phoning the council to make sure our name was still against it.When  we got the call i did feel a bit like a bodysnatcher but as i'd never met the plotholder in question it wasn't too bad. Keep posting to let us all know how you're progressing :)
sanity is overated

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:26:04 »
Congratulations! I bet you are already planning the new planting areas  :D

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 11:29:59 »
That's good news! You must be well pleased.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 11:31:32 »
thank you macmac,
we are over the moon about getting it, we have worked so hard on the other plot and it looks better than other plot that's have been worked for years. now i will have the space also to build a den for my 2yr old son to play in a willow weaved 1 i`m thinkin of so he won`t get bored and enjoy being around and helping. he was great at planting all my peas bless him.
and this time we will take pis

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 11:33:41 »
Sounds lovely, you should check out a post by Thifasmom (think its in the gallery) of her willow bench for some more ideas etc.

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 11:35:29 »
yes i`m planning big time  ;D. i want to make good use of it all year around. i`m surrounded by lottie books as we speak  ;D . i have leeks waiting in the green house and making a list ( i like my list )  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal