Author Topic: Allotments in Caerphilly/Cardiff area  (Read 4428 times)

warnie

• Not So New ...
Allotments in Caerphilly/Cardiff area
« on: June 25, 2009, 23:57:50 »
I've really caught the gardening/veggie growing bug over the last few months and have been trying and trying to find a plot to start attempting to grow on a bigger scale rather than in the back garden.

It has so far proven so so difficult to get anywhere, everyone has waiting lists as long as your arm. it's such a shame.

Slim chance but any welshies out there that know of any good contacts ?

I've also listed on landshare but no luck there either !!! Maybe I'm destined to spend my time in the garden!!

powerspade

• Hectare
Re: Allotments in Caerphilly/Cardiff area
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 07:07:03 »
Hi
Im at the top end of the Rhymney valley. I travelled from Caerphilly to Bargoed yesterday and passed tthrough a little place called Tyd-y-Birth it between Hengoed and Pengam. At the bus stop in Tyd-y-Birth is a allotment plot which a year ago had only 1 member, it is starting to fill up now but from the bus I could see that some plots are not being used, there is also another site in the village as you travel over to Fluer-de- Lis

warnie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:42:13 »
thanks for that, will take a look. Llandaf North allotments have an 18 month waiting list - just rung - amazing popularity !!!

zac

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 12:40:30 »
hi
if you can find a plot in cardiff take one,dont take one in caerphilly area as any decisions by committees in this area are final there is no right of appeal,there is an appeal sistem in cardiff a mutch better and farer way to deal with disputes and stopes dictators taking over a sit

warnie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 14:15:24 »
hi
if you can find a plot in cardiff take one,dont take one in caerphilly area as any decisions by committees in this area are final there is no right of appeal,there is an appeal sistem in cardiff a mutch better and farer way to deal with disputes and stopes dictators taking over a sit

thanks zac. I may have a sniff of a share allotment in Cardiff so with any luck I can start off helping and learning before branching out to a full plot!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal