Author Topic: sharing plots  (Read 7195 times)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
Re: sharing plots
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2009, 11:38:06 »
Just an update- I've finally managed to track down the plotholder whose allotment I was hoping to be a partner on.  It turns out he isn't the official tenant, and hasn't been for the last 12 years!  he "bought" the plot from someone and just put his own address on the forms, so he gets all the paperwork and pays the rent, but in the other guy's name.  He's even won prizes in is name at the annual show (cerificates on shed wall!)  It's amazing the lengths people will go to to avoid officialdom!  Anyway, I've given him back his keys, with a certain amount of regret, but he has my 'phone number, and I've told him that if he ever gets round to changing the tenancy to get back in touch with me.  I at least feel I've done the right thing, and his plot's a bit tidier after 3 trips to the dump!  So, it's back to the long wait, but, in the meantime, thanks to you lot on here, I'm enthused enough to having a go with growing some veg in containers in the garden.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2009, 11:54:44 »
What a shame after all that effort.

I suppose you still could have worked it till somebody says that you can't.Not very satisfactory but maybe better than nothing  ???

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2009, 12:23:02 »
i knew there was something iffy about this from the start. how this kind of thing happens is beyond me,i would never allow it on our site,its people like you who suffer in the long run. good luck with your containers for now and i hope you soon have your very own plot.
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2009, 13:51:01 »
That's a shame! I suppose if that had to happen better now than later. Good luck with the container growing and fingers crossed that you'll get a plot soon.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2009, 09:13:32 »
gwynnethmary - what a disappointment for you and sorry to hear it didn't work out
Fingers crossed for you and your containers  :)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2009, 21:34:06 »
am beginning to get enthused about  my as yet imaginary containers and where I can position them- I can see it all in my mind's eye!  To me, that's the most interesting part of any project- the planning and anticipation.  I already have some sweet peas coming up from the seed I collected last week, and have a plan for growing them with runner beans in the border- another idea I picked up from my A$A surfing.  I've spent many happy hours planning my allotment, and am sure it won't be wasted in the long term.  I can also devote my time and attention in the meantime to sorting out the sensory garden at the special school where I worked until I retired last year. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 07:38:54 »
I still grow a fair amount in containers in the garden - toms, cuccumbers, salads, aubergines (hope for a better crop next year), herbs, strawberries, blueberries etc etc. And up at my plot I have plastic container boxes for carrots and parsnips. Container growing can be very productive and satisfactory  8)
Happy growing  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal